Thread for silly or stupid stuff you do

Rude.

do we need to pretend that 395 pounds is healthy in this woke era now?

No. It would probably be best to avoid saying things like ā€œyou are a bad personā€ or ā€œyou failed at lifeā€ to someone of that weight.

Note: Iā€™m not saying anyone here is guilty of such things. Just giving examples of what could be considered inappropriate in this ā€œwokeā€ age.

A person who is 395 pounds is fully aware of their circumstances and a stranger on the internet recoiling in judgment is not helpful.

People want fat people to be miserable with themselves. Good thing my flaws that affect no one else arenā€™t called out nonstop as things I absolutely must change about myself. Because the list is long, and none of anyone elseā€™s business.

ā€œTownā€? or ā€œCityā€?
Asking for a thread.

2 Likes

Generally we use the ā€˜person who hasnā€™t lost their phoneā€™'s phone to call the other. Will have to remember this the next time I lose my phone when I donā€™t want to admit it (again, for the 100th time) :laughing:

1 Like

I often ask my husband where my glasses are when theyā€™re on my face, to the point itā€™s no longer silly, just normal.

I see. I prefer to judge people who piss me off rather than overweight people. The list is long there too.

1 Like

Barely a town. Small tightly knit community. An interesting blend of great people, friends, tons of folks dedicated to the community, spirited volunteers, with a dash of overt homophobia and misogyny thrown in for spice.
Iā€™m still pondering if Iā€™m going to do something passive aggressive for pride month.

Parade!!

:popcorn:

Like on-your-nose-on-your-face? ā€¦as in, how a person normally wears them? ā€¦or flipped up on top of your head sort of thing?

Both, really.

1 Like

At the same time?

:oh_noes:

That has happened, because I own several pairs of specs, but thankfully I have never asked my husband where they are in that situation.

1 Like

I apologize for offending you, as I have seen you post about weight issues. I donā€™t see my offhand comment as being wildly out of line but it could be reasonably interpreted as insensitive. I think you would agree that gaining 10 pounds in one week is a hyperbolically unhealthy situation and at a quick glance thatā€™s what caught my eye as being humorous once I realized my misunderstanding. Again, apologies for any offense which I did not intend.

2 Likes

This was the comment that drove the 385 pounds thing.

I was talking about how much weight I was lifting. I did not add 4 plates of food, but 4 45-lb weights to bar (on each side).

My actual weight is too high, but only about 240. At 6ā€™2" I donā€™t look fat, but Iā€™d like to get back to a solid 220.

Ey, if you can lift 395 Iā€™d posit youā€™re pretty healthy. I gotta get back into lifting, Iā€™ve been very lazy through quarantine. Plus injuries and stuff. (Iā€™m diverting this toward an existing thread now so Iā€™m done.)

Was talking to my wife about a friend of ours. She (the friend) got divorced about two years ago, and itā€™s been a (really) long time since sheā€™s had sex. The new guy sheā€™s dating has been putting off doing the deed for a few months now.

So, I asked my wife if I should go over there and give her what she was missing.

My wife was not amused.

I was definitely in the ā€œno sexā€ camp last niteā€¦

Needs no translation.