The Thanksgiving 2023 Discussion Thread

Miss that pumpkin pie.

We had a gluten free pecan pie ( also, apple, I believe) made by someone local, most likely . The pecan pie was significantly better than the Costco crap I’ve had the last two years. It’s like there’s no love in the Costco pie.

We also had a gluten free pecan pie, made by my sister. Other desserts: mini pumpkin cheesecakes and pumpkin bark

1 Like

I’ve never had that…it could be delicious I would think…did you have any?

1 Like

Yes. Quite tasty. I was stuffed so I only had a little.

2 Likes

I’ve got about 6 homemade pumpkin pies in the freezer. Spouse is trying to get me to get rid of them by handing them out to people lol.

2 Likes

She sounds wise

Apple pie (baked this morning) and peanut butter pie. I was tempted to get a Costco pumpkin pie but didn’t eat to deal with the crowds. There were cupcakes for a birthday, too.

2 Likes

Take one fishing.

1 Like

Had just some cake, homemade with a betty crocker mix.

Pumpkin pie
Apple pie
Cherry Blueberry pie
Carrot cake
Olive Oil cake
fruit

We had pumpkin, cherry, and apple. The pumpkin got the most love, followed by cherry. No one touched the apple. I don’t dislike apple pie, but it’s never my first choice.

1 Like

I was advised to take 2, wish I was kidding but I’m not.

1 Like

:iatp:

If I’m eating an apple pie, I’ll probably enjoy it, but I don’t think I’ve ever in my life uttered the words, “I could really go for an apple pie.”

2 Likes

Wife works tomorrow, so I volunteered to cook dinner. She suggested a turkey chowder.

Thank goodness I already have a recipe that she has previously given the :tup: to…

I may have to try out this one to even though I’m not a fan of egg salad in general

Though, it apparently also received the
image from the one whose opinion matters most

1 Like

What the hell is wrong with you people?!?!

6 Likes

Green bean casserole is awesome. I know it’s white trash and I won’t apologize.

2 Likes

Same. Apple pie is fine. Pecan is slightly preferable, but if pumpkin is available I’m getting that every time.

2 Likes

All the apple pie belongs to me.

Don’t get me wrong, pecan pie and pumpkin pie is great, too.

3 Likes

I might choose pumpkin or pecan over apple pie only because I have apple pie more often. Spouse makes amazing apple pie.

3 Likes