The Thanksgiving 2023 Discussion Thread

like what ferris bueller taught us. be careful - you get a nervous mom and you end up at a doctor’s office.

1 Like

Just another day here but Happy Thanksgiving to my American cohorts. Try to avoid political discussions at the dinner table and be respectful of Ozempic users:

2 Likes
alternative link to story

https://archive.ph/lxR12

1 Like

Throat is feeling much better, not testing positive for COVID, so went to my traditional night out at the bar with my siblings. Ran into my husband’s ex and her friends at the bar - including the one who stalked me online when I was pregnant and blew up at me for not telling his ex before telling my own family. Anyway, that was fun.

6 Likes

All negative. Let the feasting commence!

4 Likes

3% of people say green bean casserole is their favorite Thanksgiving dish. WTF. That stuff isn’t good. Anyone want to confess?

2 Likes

I like it, as long as the green beans are minimal. I like the cream of whatever soup and the crispy onions.

I do like the crispy onions.

1 Like

It’s only 3%. Gotta accept deviants from the norm.

I usually skip over it, as I do not know who brought it and how they cooked it. If it were my wife’s creation, I’d be more confident in its preparation.
My brother would cook carrots and pineapple in a wok. Eh, more for everyone else.

Mushroom :exams:

But I suppose a different whatever could be used.

2 Likes

I just like the green beans. The cream of mushroom and onions are anathema to me.

Weaselette loves it though, so I guess she is a 3%er

1 Like

I like it, wouldn’t say I LOVE it. It’s not my favorite thanksgiving dish. But I prefer it over turkey or stuffing.

1 Like

You should try my turkey. It’s delicious.

1 Like

I’m sure yours is great! As long as it’s brined. But great turkey is still just turkey, it’s never better than mashed potatoes with gravy, say.

1 Like

Ours will be great, too. And, no great gravy without that turkey.
Wife will also make a great dressing (not stuffing, as it is not stuffed into the turkey, as that either won’t get cooked enough and have a bunch of not-cooked-enough turkey drippings, or it will be cooked enough at the expense of overcooking the turkey.
First time she’s made cranberry sauce, though. I’ll have to try it, since it’s the little things that get me more sex.

Bring on the pies!

6 Likes

Haven’t even started dinner, though we have gone through three bottles of wine so far (7 or eight drinkers).
Currently, an albarino that will not be around for dinner.

1 Like

We had 2 kinds of pie.

1 Like

Go on… :popcorn:

1 Like