The last thing you bought on Amazon or eBay

Some white socks

N95 masks and a t-shirt.

A “telephone cord detangler” for my dad. (Yes, he has a landline and, yes, the phone we got for him has a cord. We got that phone because it has a small number of very large speed dial buttons that now have our pictures on them.) And a book. And a package of cookies to get to free shipping because I don’t have Prime.

6 inch upholstery needles.

1 Like

I bought “Physical Models of Living Systems” by Phillip Nelson. Supposed to have some interesting simulation work in it.

I bought a new stopped/pusher for the kitchen sink. The old one seems to have disappeared during construction, and while it might still turn up, it seemed easiest to buy a new one.

I still have a landline, and I like those features of it.

1 Like

Smoke detector batteries - C123A.

Phone case and Swedish dishcloths.

The last few years we’ve done lots of 1000 piece puzzles but when we finish we wait a few days then crunch them all up and put them back in the box. I think I’m scarred from doing bigger puzzles since I did a 5000 piece puzzle in my 20’s. It took 3 years (2 1/2 years sitting on my floor half-finished gathering dust between the first 4 and last 2 months).

The last thing I bought on ebay was San Diego Charger tickets on the 40 yard line in 2008. I won the bid when Obama was giving his acceptance speech so I guess a lot of people were distracted. That was back in the days when they could beat the Chiefs (although only by one point).

Cheap guitar wireless

I ordered a matte screen protector for my new car. This is the first time I’ve ordered anything from Amazon in a couple of months.

just cancelled my Amazon Prime subscription. I (and my people) don’t need the extra incentive to buy shit we don’t need because there’s free shipping. I was actually more enjoying the music and Video, but I have enough other options for those that I don’t need a third thing I don’t use enough to make it worthwhile.

1 Like

I don’t have Prime, either, but it is the lack of Prime that makes me occasionally buy stuff I don’t need just to hit the free shipping min.

I ended Prime last summer. I don’t typically need what I want that quickly, and if I do I can try buying it locally or on walmart.com or any number of other competing websites.

If it were just me, I’d drop Prime, but my wife orders something weekly from Amazon. And my son orders a fair amount.

Ordered 50 Feather brand double edge razors. Fun stuff.

Pencil grips, to maybe teach my kid not to hold it in a fist like a knife.

And if you are wondering, the science on pencil holding is incomclusive at best.

1 Like