The GoActuary 2021 Celebrity Death Pool

Rush Limbaugh: DEAD!

Rush was an American radio personality, conservative political commentator, author, and television show host. He was best known as the host of his radio show The Rush Limbaugh Show. He was one of the premier voices of the conservative movement in the United States since the 1990s. He was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame and the National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame. During the 2020 State of the Union Address, President Donald Trump awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom. They will be rushing him to the funeral home as he died today at age 70.

frummie, Maphisto’s Sidekick, hotkarl, Werewolf and PatientZombie all get hits.

Standings:
contestant Normal Deaths Tragic Deaths Unique Deaths Total Points
Maphisto’s Sidekick 5 0 1 62
PatientZombie 4 0 1 38
frummie 2 0 1 26
Macroman 2 0 0 23
hotkarl 2 0 1 23
Werewolf 2 0 1 17
soyleche 0 0 0 0
traina 0 0 0 0
1 Like

??

In 2 other pools I am in, with a total of 83 people no one noticed this.

I’m running out of terminally ill folks on my main list. I need the old folks to start going too!

Bob Dole is now both

1 Like

Accidentally left out @Hotkarl. Just added him/her. Thanks @PatientZombie !

Dai Davies is a hit for me and Maphisto’s “The Grim Reaper” Sidekick - how do you have 6 of top 7 picks dead by mid-February ?

I think it’s mostly luck, plus a little bit of bias from trying to identify terminally ill celebs. If they’re going to go, odds are they’ll go sooner rather than later.

Bill Turnbull’s got to be feeling a little uncomfortable at this point.

Dai Davies: DEAD!

Davies was a Welsh professional footballer, who played as a goalkeeper between 1969 and 1987. He made 52 appearances for the Wales national team and played for Everton, Wrexham (twice), Tranmere Rovers and at Swansea City (three spells). He Dai-d on February 10.

@Maphistos_Sidekick expands the lead and @hotkarl moves into third place.

Standings:
Maphisto’s Sidekick 6 0 1 74
PatientZombie 4 0 1 38
hotkarl 3 0 1 33
frummie 2 0 1 26
Macroman 2 0 0 23
Werewolf 2 0 1 17
soyleche 0 0 0 0
traina 0 0 0 0

forgot to add a hit for MS & HotK

Thanks. Corrected.

LGP scores some points for me.

Lars Göran Petrov: DEAD!

LG was a Swedish singer. He is best known for his work with the band Entombed. He also played drums in Morbid, which featured Mayhem vocalist Per Yngve “Dead” Ohlin in its original line up. Also was in Entombed A.D.and was the lead vocalist of a death metal supergroup called Firespawn, which features Victor Brandt (also of Entombed A.D.), and members of Necrophobic, Unleashed and Dark Funeral. There was a dark funeral sometime after March 7 as that is when LG died at age

hotkarl leapfrogs into second place with a unique hit.

Standings:
Maphisto’s Sidekick 6 0 1 74
hotkarl 4 0 2 39
PatientZombie 4 0 1 38
frummie 2 0 1 26
Macroman 2 0 0 23
Werewolf 2 0 1 17
soyleche 0 0 0 0
traina 0 0 0 0

Beverly Cleary: DEAD!

Cleary was an American writer of children’s and young adult fiction. One of America’s most successful authors, 91 million copies of her books have been sold worldwide since her first book was published in 1950.Some of Cleary’s best known characters are Ramona Quimby and Beezus Quimby, Henry Huggins and his dog Ribsy, and Ralph S. Mouse. She won the 1981 National Book Award for Ramona and Her Mother and the 1984 Newbery Medal for Dear Mr. Henshaw. For her lifetime contributions to American literature, Cleary received the National Medal of Arts, recognition as a Library of Congress Living Legend, and the Laura Ingalls Wilder Medal from the Association for Library Service to Children. The Beverly Cleary School, a public school in Portland, was named after her, and several statues of her most famous characters were erected in Grant Park in 1995. She is cleared for the afterlife as she died today at age 104.

Maphisto’s Sidekick extends the lead and Werewolf gets a hit.

Standings:
Maphisto’s Sidekick 7 0 1 80
hotkarl 4 0 2 39
PatientZombie 4 0 1 38
Werewolf 3 0 1 30
frummie 2 0 1 26
Macroman 2 0 0 23
soyleche 0 0 0 0
traina 0 0 0 0

Man - I suck at this. Or, I’m really good at it. I guess it depends on who you ask…

Plenty of time left. The year I won, my first hit was in June.

1 Like

Mine is There’s a Shiva in the Park

Hit for me…finally!