The Go Actuary 2022 Celebrity Death Pool

Jessie Smolett says he is not suicidal

Suicide, not suicide, either way, if he dies I get points.
:tongue:

2 Likes

Missed this one earlier in the year:

Eddie Basinski: DEAD!
Basinski was an American professional baseball infielder. He played in Major League Baseball for the Brooklyn Dodgers and Pittsburgh Pirates , his career lasting from 1944 to 1947. He was also an accomplished violinist; he held a chair with the Buffalo Symphony Orchestra. He died January 8 at age 99.

traina is now in second with a unique hit.

contestant Normal Deaths Tragic Deaths Unique Deaths Total Points
Maphistos_Sidekick 1 0 1 16
traina 2 0 1 15
ArthurItas 1 0 1 14
frummie 1 0 0 13
twig93 1 0 0 13
Patient Zombie 2 0 1 9
soyleche 0 0 0 0
LastExamDone 0 0 0 0
Ted_Hoffman 0 0 0 0
hotkarl 0 0 0 0

Jane Marczewski : DEAD!

"known professionally as Nightbirde, Marczewski was an American singer-songwriter.

Previously having released two EPs and several singles, Nightbirde auditioned on America’s Got Talent in 2021 where she received a Golden Buzzer for her original song ““It’s OK””. However, she decided not to compete in the quarterfinals because of worsening health due to cancer. She died February 19 of metastatic breast cancer at age 31."

Maphistos_Sidekick and ArthurItas get tragic hits and are 1-2 in the standings.

Standings:

Maphistos_Sidekick 1 1 1 36
ArthurItas 1 1 1 34
traina 2 0 1 15
frummie 1 0 0 13
twig93 1 0 0 13
Patient Zombie 2 0 1 9
soyleche 0 0 0 0
LastExamDone 0 0 0 0
Ted_Hoffman 0 0 0 0
hotkarl 0 0 0 0

RIP Tom Parker

I didn’t have him in this pool but some did. I did have him in my other pool

Thanks frummie. Totally missed this!

Tom Parker: DEAD!

Parker was an English singer, best known for being a member of the British boy band The Wanted. In 2013, Parker appeared with his bandmates in the E! channel reality television series The Wanted Life. After the band’s hiatus in 2014, Parker embarked on a solo career. He was wanted by the grim reaper, diagnosed with stage four gioblastoma in 2020 and died yesterday at age 33.

hotkarl, traina, Patient Zombie, twig93 and Maphistos_Sidekick all get the tragic hit.

Standings:

Maphistos_Sidekick 1 2 1 44
ArthurItas 1 1 1 34
twig93 1 1 0 33
traina 2 1 1 27
Patient Zombie 2 1 1 21
frummie 1 0 0 13
hotkarl 0 1 0 12
soyleche 0 0 0 0
LastExamDone 0 0 0 0
Ted_Hoffman 0 0 0 0

RIP to Tom Smith

Nitpick: I noticed that you didn’t mark Tom Parker (and maybe others? Didn’t do an exhaustive check) wasn’t marked “dead” on our celebrity lists.

Tom Smith: DEAD!

Thomas James Smith was an English-born Scotland international rugby union loosehead prop who played for Glasgow Warriors, Caledonia Reds and Northampton Saints and also represented the British and Irish Lions. He became a rugby coach after retiring from play. Smith was one of the finest loosehead props of the modern era. His prop is now a casket as he died April 6 at age 50.

Maphistos_Sidekick and ArthurItas maintain their 1-2 standing with this hit.

Standings:

Maphistos_Sidekick 2 2 1 53
ArthurItas 2 1 1 48
twig93 1 1 0 33
traina 2 1 1 27
Patient Zombie 2 1 1 21
frummie 1 0 0 13
hotkarl 0 1 0 12
soyleche 0 0 0 0
LastExamDone 0 0 0 0
Ted_Hoffman 0 0 0 0

I only updated a couple then forgot. I think I got them all now. Thanks for catching. Gotta remember to do that.

1 Like

Art Rupe: DEAD!

Arthur Newton Rupe (born Arthur Goldberg) was an American music executive and record producer. Born in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, he founded Specialty Records, known for its rhythm and blues, blues, gospel and early rock and roll music recordings, in Los Angeles in 1946. Hi analyzed “race records”, deciding big band music with a churchy feel would do well. He found talent in after-hours clubs in Watts and made a successful gospel catalog. He moved on to secular music, producing for famed singers such as Little Richard. He died April 15 in Santa Barbara at age 104.

@PatientZombie moves up one spot with a unique hit.

Standings:

Maphistos_Sidekick 2 2 1 53
ArthurItas 2 1 1 48
twig93 1 1 0 33
Patient Zombie 3 1 2 28
traina 2 1 1 27
frummie 1 0 0 13
hotkarl 0 1 0 12
soyleche 0 0 0 0
LastExamDone 0 0 0 0
Ted_Hoffman 0 0 0 0

Keep watching those obits!

George Perez has passed. RIP.

George Pérez: DEAD!

Peréz was an American comic book artist and writer, who worked primarily as a penciller. He came to prominence in the 1970s penciling The Avengers for Marvel Comics, and returned to the franchise in the 1990s. In the 1980s he penciled The New Teen Titans, which became one of DC Comics’ top-selling series. He penciled DC’s landmark limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths, followed by relaunching Wonder Woman as both writer and penciller for the rebooted series. In the meantime, he worked on other comics published by Marvel, DC, and other companies into the 2010s. He was known for his detailed and realistic rendering, and his facility with complex crowd scenes. He died May 6 due to complications from pancreatic cancer.

hotkarl and ArthurItas get their top pick, and Maphistos_Sidekick holds on to the lead with his second pick.

Standings:
Maphistos_Sidekick 3 2 1 67
ArthurItas 3 1 1 63
twig93 1 1 0 33
Patient Zombie 3 1 2 28
traina 2 1 1 27
hotkarl 1 1 0 27
frummie 1 0 0 13
soyleche 0 0 0 0
LastExamDone 0 0 0 0
Ted_Hoffman 0 0 0 0
1 Like

Boris Pahor: DEAD!

Pahor was a Slovene novelist from Trieste, Italy, who was best known for his heartfelt descriptions of life as a member of the Slovenian minority in pre–Second World War increasingly fascist Italy as well as a Nazi concentration camp survivor. In his novel Necropolis he visits the Natzweiler-Struthof camp twenty years after his relocation to Dachau. With more than a dozen books to his name, Pahor was also politically involved and stood for European and regional elections for the Slovene Union in 2009 and 2018 respectively, representing Italy’s Slovene minority. Pahor was particularly lauded in Slovenia, which became independent from the disintegrating Yugoslavia in 1991, receiving its highest award for cultural achievement and appointed to its Academy of Sciences and Arts. Pahor died May 30 at age 108.

hotkarl, Patient Zombie and Maphistos_Sidekick all get hits.

Maphistos_Sidekick 4 2 1 72
ArthurItas 3 1 1 63
hotkarl 2 1 0 40
Patient Zombie 4 1 2 36
twig93 1 1 0 33
traina 2 1 1 27
frummie 1 0 0 13
soyleche 0 0 0 0
LastExamDone 0 0 0 0
Ted_Hoffman 0 0 0 0

Keep watching those obits!

Being my first time in this game, I had some eligibility questions for our commish. I only had one of my initial picks rejected by the commish: Peter Scott Morgan. He was trying to turn himself into a human cyborg to prolong his life. There were several articles and a documentary about his experience.

He just passed. RIP. Here’s one of the articles about his efforts:

I am NOT complaining about the commish’s decision to reject the submission. It was a fair decision that his poor health was the primary reason for his fame. Just thought he took a very interesting and unorthodox approach dealing with an incurable disease diagnosis.

1 Like

RIP to Jean-Louis Trintignant

1 Like

Jean-Louis Trintignant: DEAD!

Jean-Louis Trintignant was a French actor. He made his theatrical debut in 1951, going on to be seen as one of the most gifted French dramatic actors of the post-war era, known for his starring roles in many classic films of European cinema. He made a critical and commercial breakthrough in And God Created Woman (1956), followed by a starmaking romantic turn in A Man and a Woman (1966), and The Great Silence (1968). He won the Silver Bear for Best Actor at the 1968 Berlin International Film Festival for his performance in The Man Who Lies and the Best Actor Award at the 1969 Cannes Film Festival for Costa-Gavras’s Z. Trintignant’s other notable films include, My Night at Maud’s (1969), The Conformist (1970), Three Colours: Red (1994), and The City of Lost Children (1995). He won the 2013 César Award for Best Actor for his role in Michael Haneke’s Amour. He died June 17 at age 91.

ArthurItas moves withing one point of first place with a unique hit.

Standings:

ArthurItas 4 1 2 71
hotkarl 2 1 0 40
Patient Zombie 4 1 2 36
twig93 1 1 0 33
traina 2 1 1 27
frummie 1 0 0 13
soyleche 0 0 0 0
LastExamDone 0 0 0 0
Ted_Hoffman 0 0 0 0

Larry Storch: DEAD!

Larry Storch was an American actor and comedian in a career spanning six decades, best known for his comic television roles, including voice-over work for cartoon shows, such as Mr. Whoopee on “Tennessee Tuxedo and His Tales” and Drac on “Groovie Goolies”, and his live-action role of the bumbling but loveable Corporal Randolph Agarn from Passaic NJ, on “F Troop”. He was nominated for an Emmy, for “F Troop,” but lost to his childhood friend, Don Adams of “Get Smart,” a show on which he appeared as the Groovy Guru. Storch made appearances in classic TV shows such as “Gilligan’s Island,” “I Dream of Jeannie” and “Laugh-In.” He acted in movies such as “The Great Race,” “The Great Train Robbery” and “S.O.B.,” and appeared as himself in the raunchy “The Aristocrats.” His Broadway credits included “Sly Fox,” “Annie Get Your Gun” and “Arsenic and Old Lace.” He was known for his impressions, appearing in many variety shows. He died yesterday at age 99.

Ted_Hoffman is on the board with his first pick. This will help in his recovery from hip surgery I hope.

Standings:

Standings:
ArthurItas 4 1 2 71
hotkarl 2 1 0 40
Patient Zombie 4 1 2 36
twig93 1 1 0 33
traina 2 1 1 27
frummie 1 0 0 13
Ted_Hoffman 1 0 1 6
soyleche 0 0 0 0