The Go Actuary 2022 Celebrity Death Pool

That is a funny story. Yeah, he’s one of the few people where I thought his comedy was better than his acting.

Robert Durst: Robert Durst, Real Estate Scion Convicted as a Killer, Dies at 78 - The New York Times

1 Like

Looks like frummie & I are tied and PatientZombie is on the board.

Robert Durst: DEAD!

Durst was the son of New York City real-estate magnate Seymour Durst and the elder brother of Douglas Durst, head of the Durst Organization. Robert Durst gained notoriety after the unsolved 1982 disappearance of his wife, Kathleen McCormack Durst; the 2000 murder of his long-time friend Susan Berman, for which he was convicted in September 2021; and the 2001 killing of his neighbor Morris Black, in Galveston, Texas, for which he was acquitted in 2003, although he was convicted of tampering with evidence for dismembering Black and dumping his body parts in Galveston Bay. The trial came about after he mumbled he “killed them all” while featured in six-part HBO documentary series “The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst.” He was pending trial for a fresh charge of murder in relation to the alleged death of his missing wife Kathie McCormack Durst, 39 years after her disappearance, but instead they will lay him to rest in the dirt as he died today at the age of 78.

frummie jumps into a tie for the lead and PatientZombie is on the board.

Standings:

contestant Normal Deaths Tragic Deaths Unique Deaths Total Points
frummie 1 0 0 13
twig93 1 0 0 13
traina 1 0 0 9
Patient Zombie 1 0 0 1
soyleche 0 0 0 0
LastExamDone 0 0 0 0
Maphistos_Sidekick 0 0 0 0
ArthurItas 0 0 0 0
Ted_Hoffman 0 0 0 0
hotkarl 0 0 0 0

I had Dresner highly ranked on my list in my other dead pool. Entries are due tonight. He passed away yesterday though. RIP.

A guy I had on my short list that didn’t make my final list was Bob Falkenburg. RIP.

I’m on the board. RIP to Charles McGee, an American hero and one of the last surviving Tuskegee Airmen.

1 Like

British killer Russell Bishop has died:

I think I put together a decent enough list for this pool, but given the other pool I entered had a later start date I used your lists and ideas to improve mine a little. Tried to add Billy Turner and Israel Dresner, but they died before my contest started. I did add Russell Bishop, Sacheen Littlefeather, and Frank Field.

I have 2 stiffs already in that pool in the first week (Bishop, McGee), both with high points, and nobody else has one. I think seeing your results here is giving me an unfair advantage there :smiley:

1 Like

Another hit for someone

Didn’t see it mentioned elsewhere, but Michael Aday (Meatloaf)…

I understand Tim Curry is planning on hosting a memorial dinner.

1 Like

Charles McGee: DEAD!

McGee was an American fighter pilot who was one of the first African American aviators in the United States military and one of the last living members of the Tuskegee Airmen. McGee first began his career in World War II flying with the Tuskegee Airmen, an all African American military pilot group at a time of segregation in the armed forces. His military aviation career lasted 30 years in which McGee flew 409 combat missions in World War II, the Korean War and Vietnam War. For his service, McGee received the Distinguished Flying Cross with two oak leaf clusters and the Bronze Star Medal, along with many other military honors. In 2007, as a member of the Tuskegee Airmen, McGee received the Congressional Gold Medal. In 2011, he was inducted into the National Aviation Hall of Fame and in February 2020, was promoted from colonel to brigadier general. He died January 16 at age 102.

ArthurItas’ first hit ever in our pool is a unique one and vaults him into the lead.

Standings:

ArthurItas 1 0 1 14
frummie 1 0 0 13
twig93 1 0 0 13
traina 1 0 0 9
Patient Zombie 1 0 0 1
soyleche 0 0 0 0
LastExamDone 0 0 0 0
Ted_Hoffman 0 0 0 0
hotkarl 0 0 0 0

Thích Nhất Hạnh: DEAD!

Hạnh was a Vietnamese Thiền Buddhist monk, peace activist, and founder of the Plum Village Tradition, historically recognized as the main inspiration for engaged Buddhism. Nhất Hạnh spent most of his later life at the Plum Village Monastery in southwest France near Thénac, travelling internationally to give retreats and talks. He coined the term ““Engaged Buddhism”” in his book Vietnam: Lotus in a Sea of Fire. After a 39-year exile, he was permitted to visit Vietnam in 2005…In November 2018, he returned to Vietnam to his ““root temple””, Từ Hiếu Temple, near Huế, where he died on January 22 at the age of 95.

PatientZombie gets a second hit and it’s a unique hit as well.

Standings:

ArthurItas 1 0 1 14
frummie 1 0 0 13
twig93 1 0 0 13
Patient Zombie 2 0 1 9
traina 1 0 0 9
soyleche 0 0 0 0
LastExamDone 0 0 0 0
Ted_Hoffman 0 0 0 0
hotkarl 0 0 0 0

We are givers :slight_smile:

Russell Bishop: DEAD!

Bishop was a car thief and occasional burglar, but best known for the Babes in the Wood Murders. Two nine-year-old girls, Nicola Fellows and Karen Hadaway, were found murdered on October 9, 1986 in Wild Park, Moulsecoomb, Brighton, England. Bishop, a 20-year-old local roofer, was tried and acquitted in 1987. The case remained open until December 10, 2018, when Bishop was found guilty of the murders in a second trial. He died of cancer January 20 at age 55.

Maphisto’s Sidekick, last year’s co-champ, vaults to the top with his top pick and a unique hit.

Standings:

Maphistos_Sidekick 1 0 1 16
ArthurItas 1 0 1 14
frummie 1 0 0 13
twig93 1 0 0 13
Patient Zombie 2 0 1 9
traina 1 0 0 9
soyleche 0 0 0 0
LastExamDone 0 0 0 0
Ted_Hoffman 0 0 0 0
hotkarl 0 0 0 0

My other pool had a few more slots than this one does. One that made my cut there that didn’t here was Jim Hagedorn. That gives me 3 stiffs there while the rest of the field has one. :+1:

Where is this other pool? :drooling_face:

It’s run by a friend of a friend. $20 buyin, and IIRC correctly the payout is 55% to 1st, 30% 2nd, 15% 3rd.

My entry in my other dead pool:

Summary

They are calling me the grim reaper in the other pool as I had Nightbirde / Jane Marczewski there too. I’m lapping the field there.

1 Like