The covid virgins club

Despite having a cold RIGHT NOW, I’m pretty sure I’m still in the club. But maybe I’ll learn otherwise later today.

1 Like

Time to place your bets everyone!!

1 Like

Still hanging in there afaik. Having some family stay with us for xmas, but they rarely leave their house so probably safe.

The minute clinic’s covid test machine was broken. The nurse took a sample for a PCR test, but i fully expect it to be negative.

Sadly, it’s not strep, so that’s no easy treatment. I guess I’ll just have to wait until i get better.

You travel with my daughter?

My wife is no longer in the covid virgin club. I thought she might dodge it this time, but she woke up sick this morning.

3 Likes

Sorry she’s sick but now you get to spend Christmas together.

Grumph. Still no result. What a useless test. My rapid test this morning was very negative, however.

3 Likes

In happier news, sudofed is an awesome drug.

2 Likes

It’s gone through my house twice now, dodged it both times!

I’ve been a bit off and on about wearing masks when shopping. I’m about 50-50. I feel a bit naked when I don’t wear one though.

1 Like

My wife is out. Despite a poor immune system somehow she never got it, or possibly was asymptomatic. So far nothing too dire, she has quarantined herself in the basement.

She has a tray that we use to pass her food like a prisoner. Except dinner was chicken piccata I made from scratch, so the quality is a little better than in the slammer.

5 Likes

Update: i finally got the results Wednesday evening. It was negative. What a totally useless test. Like, that would have been too late to start paxlovid, which needs to be started within 5 days of onset of symptoms. And i didn’t get results until long after peak infectiousness.

Also, i felt a lot healthier yesterday morning. But here i am, up in the middle of the night, so i suppose i won’t feel great today.

5 Likes

You don’t have a bunch of self-tests? I still have some, as my wife’s school had a whole box of them at the end of last school.

Sounds like your test gave you results. Timing sucks. Three fricken days? What is this, 2020??

I took the test Friday, and got the results the following Wednesday. By my count, that’s more than 3 days.

And i have lots of home tests. But PCR tests remain more reliable, and my brother’s partner (who is immune compromised) was reassured by that PCR test when i saw her at my aunt’s funeral, so i guess it was worth something after all.

I’d hoped i would get the reading before my son had to decide whether to risk visiting us on Christmas, honestly. That would have been a lot more useful.

2 Likes

:bump:
Pretty sure I’m still a member.
I had a rough night of sleep last night along with a lingering headache. I took an at home test this morning. It was more negative than my worst performance review.

4 Likes

Wife was feeling off yesterday and tested this morning. She was negative, so I am still in the club with no impending doom.

4 Likes

I made it through a bunch of year-end in-person events without either a cold-like illness or a positive test, so I’m still in.

4 Likes

I am in awe that you didn’t get sick at all. I had cold symptoms since before Thanksgiving and managed to get both the flu and another seasonal non Covid virus since then. My cough had seemed better but was worse again yesterday. And I keep sneezing!

Caught something on a plane ride (I think) home. Then my wife got it, even though she was between me and the cougher in the window seat. Not COVID, the several COVID tests said so.

Actually, i forgot. I caught something, and actually, i didn’t host family Christmas because of it. And that prevented me from two covid exposures i would otherwise have had, one visiting a friend (i wore a mask because i was still slightly sick) and the other my sister, who was incubating covid over Christmas, but didn’t visit because i was sick.

1 Like