The covid virgins club

I never felt like I had shortness of breath, but I had a cough that wouldn’t quit. When my daughter said my lips were blue and I went to the ER my pulse ox was 88. Just saying. Hopefully these newer strains are less severe.

oh wow, yes i remember you being in the hospital with covid. was this the original strain? i ordered an oximeter to arrive tomorrow. i have one, but i think i left it at my parents place. i don’t feel short of breath, but you’re saying it isn’t necessarily an indicator. i don’t really have a cough yet.

Yes it was fall 2020.

I’m out. Ultimately, it was a family trip over Christmas that got me, not my kids bringing it home from school.

4 Likes

Lots. I tend to test before hanging out with someone. I’ve also tested when i had symptoms, and after i was exposed to my mom. I’ve definitely lost count.

you test any time you’re going to see another human? that’s weird.

Still in the club so far. 2/5 of the family testing positive right now. Hoping I can escape this latest viral assault.

1 Like

In your own household? Good luck. I tested positive 3 days after a person in this house showed symptoms and would have been shocked otherwise

Only if I’m going to unmask. I wear masks a lot. I don’t test 100% of the time i hang out unmasked with others, but usually.

That would have done absolutely nothing to stop me from spreading covid with how i ultimately contracted it.

Seems like overkill

Your friend tested negative?

I have heard of a lot of that, but i still think it’s helpful.

Good luck!

When I got COVID, my wife managed to avoid catching it. I slept in the spare bedroom and wore a good mask when out and about in the house. Would open the window for a while after I had to be in the bathroom unmasked (showering, shaving, brushing teeth). Also hung out on the porch a lot, and fortunately the weather was nice.

i meant it would have done absolutely nothing for me to test personally. no idea if my friend was negative the day i arrived or not. they started having symptoms 2-3 days later, so i’m guessing the day i arrived they would have been negative on an antigen test. i didn’t test positive until i had symptoms (was negative the day before).

once i knew i was exposed i didn’t see any people to spread it.

did you test immediately upon symptoms and then took precautions? my friend didn’t test until a day later, so i knew there was no way i was avoiding it as it was too late. so we only half assed the distancing when we found out.

I know a surprising number of people this has happened to. Some have not isolated, and presumably the other person was immune. Some have isolated, and it’s hard to tell.

When my mother had covid, my sibs and I were there every day. One of us was with her essentially all the time. We masked, and washed when we left. None of us caught it. So I tend to believe in the efficacy of masks.

Your situation was very different. I caught COVID traveling, so I could effectively isolate from my wife. You had already been exposed.

Interestingly, the guy I was traveling with didn’t get it despite us riding around in the car unmasked for days while I was symptomatic (before I knew I had it).

1 Like

I’m essentially in the same boat…although since my wife and I are fairly asocial, this isn’t much of an issue.

I’m pretty social. I now have a whole wardrobe of masks.

you use masks other than N95’s?

My spouse and I have had covid separately and didn’t spread it at home. I tested positive before having symptoms and I started isolating. My spouse initially tested negative when symptoms started but assumed covid, started isolating, and positive the next day.