The covid virgins club

Well there’s a lot of other stuff going around that’s not Covid. So you never know. I can’t recall, have you had a recent booster?

yeah, i got the bivalent booster on 9/17/2022. my father just got the bivalent booster last tuesday though, so not enough time to kick in. my father lives downstairs and my mother upstairs, so she is avoiding his area of the house.

she only has a scratchy throat, so if it’s covid it’s an extremely mild case of it.

Well good that they are avoiding each other. I bet your dad has partial protection from the booster now though, so that’s better than nothing.

My stepmom got an injection in a clinical trial for the bivalent booster about 6 days before my dad tested positive for Covid. She never got it, so we’re assuming that she is in the 67% of participants who got the Covid booster and it helped her. They had not been social distancing.

She’s a little younger that your parents, but at age 69 still not a spring chicken at this point.

my mother turns 80 in may, so she’s ancient. my father is 88. her last bout with covid was a really bad cold. sounded really annoying, but wasn’t life threatening. my father’s bout was scarier because it was in the beginning in march 2020 and he was already having health issues that landed him in a nursing home. he got through that, but i’d rather him not get it again.

my mother is like ya, if i have covid, symptoms started thursday, so i’ll be good to go based on the 5 day rule for thanksgiving.

not even thinking, there is a covid virgin STAYING IN HER HOUSE THAT SHE’S GONNA INFECT AND I WON’T BE GOOD TO GO FOR THANKSGIVING!

i was staying at my parents house a lot around the time my mother got covid last time too, but happened to not be there in that time period.

I’m pretty sure the 5 day thing applies to if you don’t have symptoms at all, not if you do? Or did it change again?

it’s 5 days if symptoms are resolving. so i think you can have symptoms. they just need to be improving.

1 Like

Anyone else left?

1 Like

i’m still a virgin, but i might lose it soon if my mother tests positive.

2 Likes

:wave: (that’s “hi” not “bye”)

1 Like

That is a like for you not getting it yet, not for your mom maybe having it

1 Like

Also still in the club. For now.

3 Likes

Yep. Best shape of my life . Suns out guns out.

1 Like

About to do all sorts of risky stuff, but I’m still in the club for now.

1 Like

For the knowledgeable, any comments on covid with no symptoms? It went through my house like a dozer earlier this year and we didnt take any precautions inside (we isolated externally, but spouse and i didnt segregate or anything). I find it hard to believe that i didnt get it.

Mother’s antigen test was negative. I told her to try and avoid breathing near me in case it is wrong.

Still hanging in there. Tested negative on Thursday. Students haven’t gotten me yet. On vacation for Thanksgiving now. Will be flying in a few weeks as well. If I can make it through all that I figure I’m just not going to get it.

In still.

Vaccines sometimes work to completely block infection. Yeah, you might have been totally asymptomatic. But you also may have simply nipped it in the bud, without having become infected yourself.