The covid cooties club

Sister, niece and nephew visited on weekend and they tested positive. Ima go with Pr(walking pestilence factory) = 1.0. :mask: :face_with_thermometer: :face_with_head_bandage: :sneezing_face:

1 Like

Ima take a sick day tomorrow. Gonna hafta be a NGAF day. :disappointed_relieved:

@Echo: You wanna cuddle up with me in bed all day tomorrow??? I have smoked salmon and cheese in the fridge!!! Who’s a good girl??? Are you a good girl who wants to lounge around with me all day tomorrow with smoked salmon and cheese??? OF COURSE YOU ARE!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

:grimacing:

Son has been sick all week but testing negative. Spouse got sick a couple days ago and tested neg. Today she tested positive. We have 25 people supposed to come over this weekend. There goes that plan.dagnabit.

1 Like

Sorry to hear, hope it’s quick and fairly benign.

3 Likes

That sucks, sorry to hear it.

Eh,seems to be fine. They’re both still functional, the equivalent of a bad cold. Me, I’m in the best shape of my life. Still.testing negative and looking good if i do say so myself. Thanks for the kind words

1 Like

Hope all are feeling better soon.

1 Like

Got a robocall from my regional health unit to remind me to get a booster shot. :roll_eyes: :man_facepalming: :sneezing_face: :face_with_thermometer:

I took a badly needed nap at noon. Now I need something to eat!

1 Like

And yet another robocall from my regional health unit to remind me about COVID boosters. Le sigh. :roll_eyes:

Wife just re-upped her membership. It’s been a stupid weekend. As far as I know, my membership application hasn’t been processed.

I kinda have to go to a super-spreader event this Tuesday. So who knows, I may be joining you.

1 Like

Biden has entered.

Yeah, he goes lots of places, shakes a lot of hands, picks a lot of noses, kisses lots of cheeks.

My last day of my solo vacation (flying home today and tomorrow) was interrupted yesterday by my wife (who is visiting her family) texting me, moderately annoyed that someone she’s spent time with tested positive for COVID.

She’ll be testing before heading to the airport, and checking to see whether to reschedule a couple of doctors’ appointments and jury duty next week.

2 Likes

My 70-something dad just casually emailed me this morning that he tested positive and joined the club.

Said he’s just stuffy, little cough, headache, no fever. Has already been on the phone trying to get Paxlovid.

3 Likes

My mom (early 60’s) just joined the club. She says her symptoms have been pretty bad, though the doctor would not prescribe her Paxlovid yesterday. Instead he said “if you still feel sick tomorrow, come in and get it then” and prescribed her an inhaler instead. Yeah she still felt sick today, do people feeling really bad get better that quickly? I don’t really get it, I didn’t think there was a shortage of this stuff.

1 Like

I felt pretty bad for 2-3 days, but that was my primary symptom. Maybe it depends on your mom’s over all risk and symptoms?

The doctor is an idiot. You need to give paxolid early. No reason to wait. It can be less effective to wait

2 Likes