The covid cooties club

I’ve had it twice:

First time: Probably caught it at a doctor’s office. Slight chance I caught it when I spent a week in a hospital…but the timing of the onset of symptoms suggests one of the followup appointments is more likely.

Second time: My wife gave me COVID for my birthday. She got it by attending a baby shower which was also attended by a young lady who didn’t stay away despite feeling ill. Several people contracted COVID from that baby shower, including the mother-to-be (who delivered while symptomatic).

Hubs and I got tested yesterday at a drive through thing - we’re both still negative. He was exposed 3 days before MIL Sox started experiencing symptoms (he tells me official exposure means 2 days, but I made him test anyway).

Impatient (thankfully not in-patient), so I got some at a pharmacy. Negative result, so yay!. Probably will retest before visiting my mom. I was very fortunate to have no discernable symptoms.

Looks like Hillary Clinton has joined.

And Jen Psaki

She was already in the club.

She went back for seconds?

Yep. You might say she “circled back.”

She had it back in October, coincidentally also right before POTUS was leaving on an overseas trip, so she was unable to accompany him then, too.

NB: this is very likely the only time I will ever post a tweet from the Dingmeister unironically.

1 Like

So does she just not like to travel? The timing seems suspicious.

You think she might have been out licking handrails to avoid travel?

2 Likes

She’s obviously just faking covid. Jen will fake every variant to avoid travel because traveling is for suckers.

got room for another?

tested positive today. went to an event on Saturday. here we go!

2 Likes

Welcome to the club! Always room for another!

On a more serious note - hope you recover quickly and it goes without too much fanfare

3 Likes

Didn’t sleep much last night. This thing is in my head. My symptoms aren’t all that bad (runny nose, bit of sinus pain) but I was worrying about it a lot. Felt like I might be getting a sore throat but that never materialized. No fever. Not impacting my ability to work from home at all, feels like a minor cold right now. Already feel better right now than this time yesterday.

5 Likes

I was telling someone the other day about this. When I had COVID, the major concern was the unknown-ness of what might happen in the coming days.
My wife wife bought a fingertip pulse-OX device. My reading never went down, so that was a relief, lowered my anxiety.

1 Like

i think the horror stories causes anxiety. plenty of people get this thing and it just is mild and gets better, particularly with omicron.

2 Likes

Sleep was a little better last night. At one point thought maybe I might be getting worse but right now I feel 90% overall recovered already. Considering it’s only been a mild head cold for me I feel like I’m able to get back to normal (though I’ll hold back a bit since I might be contagious). I’m already exercising in my home.

The vaccine side effects were 1000x worse than COVID itself for me but obviously the vaccine does help with reducing severity in the general population so I’d bet I’d feel worse now without it.

I won’t post anymore updates about my COVID unless I get worse or something weird happens, but thanks for welcoming me into the group, member for life

5 Likes

:face_with_head_bandage: :face_with_thermometer:

I have a scratchy throat and feel a little run down.

ETA: Nap time.

1 Like

Hope you’re feeling better. Did you test?

Hope it’s a mild cold that goes away quickly!

1 Like