T-roy tries Bumbl and Match

Bark! Bark! Wag! :dog:

1 Like

I haven’t done the online dating thing, but one item that seems missing is what you are looking for in a relationship.

Back in the stone age before online dating, I tried one of the phone dating things. You recorded a message about yourself to attract interested people. I listened to some, and they were super boring and would not entice many people to respond. I did one that went something like “I’m fat, bald, toothless, and stupid, but maybe we could have some fun. Call me.” I did not get any long term romantic prospects, but I did get 5x responses from that silly message compared to my more serious entries.

What makes your profile stand out from the many others in your situation?

hehehe, that’s good.

I like exhibiting your sense of humor through what you say rather than saying “I have a great sense of humor”. let them judge for themselves. Self assessment of a sense of humor isn’t that meaningful, but I don’t do online dating and the entire thing sounds like a big game where the profile is always going to be kind of fake.

I1
Radiologist (at the hospital I work for). She messaged me first: Good Morning
Daughter (19), does not live at home. Her father does (and he’s being watched by another nurse due to his health)
We messaged for two days. The second day she said she was going for a hike when she gets off of work. I asked her if she’s ever done the Radnor Lake trail. She said it was her fav. I took advantage of this and asked her to go the next day. She agreed. Over the next day we’ve been messaging back and fourth. She told me she is feminist. I didn’t pick up on that through our conversation at all. I am not physically attracted to her.

K1
Hi T-roy - Sounds like you are pretty fun for an actuary. :wink: I would love to learn a little more about you.

Bio:
5’4". Broker/Agent. Non-smoker
In 5 years I hope to be: Married to the man of my dreams, traveling and making amazing stories.
Lifelong resident of Williamson county area. Currently loving life in Franklin. Mom of two amazing adult daughters and two small dogs. Very confident and outgoing. Goal oriented and focused. love to try new things and travel. Weekend trips are some of the best.
Looking for someone who loves their life as much as I love mine and wants to share in that. I am looking to be the forever princess to my Prince Charming. Someone to have a good time with even doing nothing but chilling at home. I want to miss their company when we are apart and crave that closeness with them.
I love sports, particularly college football abd baseball…and the Preds. Mississippi State is my college team. Go Titans. I love to answer questions so send them my way.

K1 and I have been messaging since yesterday. She’s busy! Daughter1 lives in Atlanta and D2 is in Huntsville who just got engaged and getting married in December. Kristy is also turning 50 soon and wants to do some sort of party.

Her last message last night was:
K: I’m about to fall asleep. Can we catch up tomorrow?
T-: Thats a good idea. Gnite Kristy

Then this AM:
T-: Hi Kristy, did you sleep well. Have a good day and I’ll catch you later
K: I did, did you? HAve a great day :wink:

Sounds like it’s off to a good start! Although the attraction thing might be a dealbreaker, but perhaps not if things have gone well so far (and you reached out originally)?

Making moves, looking good!

Seems like an unnecessary wink

Also, it seems like way to soon. If you texted her last thing last night, then hit her back first thing in the AM. It seems too eager for a first impression-type state of getting to know her.

Others, please share your opinions. Am I wrong here?

Agree. Being over eager like that can be stifling.

I think she’s trying to send a signal that she’s interested, i.e. flirting.

It’s unnecessary if you’re not engaged in flirting with her.

1 Like

Yeah I found the use awkward

She’s looking for Prince Charming, I interpret that as wanting to be pursued. With that in mind, I think it’s a good move.

For a 50yo with adult children, sounds like a high barrier to hurdle. IMO.

The princess comment threw up a red flag at first. She probably sells $1M+ homes (Williamson Cty, TN is pretty mostly rich). I am kind of shocked that she’s into me.

get this out of your consciousness immediately, even if true. always act like you’re out of HER league

Does agent/broker mean her career is in insurance?

Can’t we all just be in the same league