Spooky Manor - an Action Castle Style Game

Look for light switch, or candelabra

The vestibule is already well lit by a chandelier that is too high for you to reach. You look around but donā€™t see any light switches in this room.

Inspect the flooring.

Given your cobblestone fetish, it is reasonable to assume that you spend your spare time learning about flooring on the internet. Because of this you bend down and inspect the flooring. It appears that this is a solid oak floor. Itā€™s old, but probably not original to the house. You date it probably at 45-55 years old, while the house is probably 100 or more years old. As you run your tongue along the tasty oak, you suddenly realize that you are in a strangerā€™s house licking their floor. You should probably get that package delivered. You quickly stand up, glad that thereā€™s no one around.

Inspect Coat Tree

The coat tree is currently empty. It looks like it could use a coat to keep it company.

:rofl:

Hang coat on Coat Tree and stuff my stick down the sleeve.

You hang your raincoat on the coat tree, keeping the parcel in your arms. Suddenly an idea for a new fetish hits you: coat sleeves. You make a mental note to research that once you get home. Better not act on it now though, you are in someone elseā€™s home!

Remove shoes and place them nicely beside the Coat Tree.

FWIW, I edited your post to use cyan as the color.

Someone did find the ā€œtrickā€ to using LaTeX with line returns using \\:

\textcolor{pink}{\text{Put one line in its own text command} \\ \text{and then use the \\\\ between text commands}}

Cyan is painful on the default theme, please donā€™t pick that one. Also, the pink in this post is barely visible, also a no please.

1 Like

You remove your shoes and place them nicely beside the Coat Tree. Good thing you wore your good socks today!
You are standing in the Vestibule. Exits are Out (front door) and north.

\textcolor{darkorchid}{\text{Still annoying} \\ \text{And pink is hard for me to see.} \\ \text{How's this? It's DarkOrchid.}}

The purple showed up well on both default and dark for me. I like it. Guess Iā€™ll go check the light version too.

ETA: shows up well in light version also.

1 Like

Go to middle of hall and call out again "I have a package for Lord Spooky"

You step into the Great Hall. As you walk away from the front door, it swings shut with a load ā€œthump.ā€
You are now in the Great Hall. Archways lead to the east and west wings of the manor. There are some oil paintings and a large mirror hanging on the wall. A staircase leads up to the second floor. The vestibule is to the south. Exits are Up (the stairs), east, west, south.
You call out loudly for Lord Spooky, but you donā€™t hear anything except the echo of your yell.

look in the mirror, since your not so lucky bike doesnā€™t have a rearview mirror to check how messed up the rain has made your hair

Never one to miss an opportunity to look at your super sexy mug, you look in the mirror. As you stare into your beautiful eyes you wonder yet again why you are all alone. It definitely isnā€™t because of your looks, you sexy mink. You donā€™t notice anything unusual about the mirror, besides the fact that thereā€™s a handsome fella staring back at you. Youā€™d like to take that fella home and look at his coat sleeves, yes you would.
You quickly step away from the mirror before that train of thought leads you to do something inappropriate yet again inside of a customerā€™s house.

Inspect an oil painting.