Spooky Manor - an Action Castle Style Game

\color{orange}\Huge\text{Welcome to Spooky Manor!}

The Objective: You are a delivery person. Your last delivery today is to the mysterious Spooky Manor. Just your luck! Hopefully you will be able to quickly deliver the package and head home so you can sit in your bathtub with all of your clothes on and wonder why life has been so cruel to you.

The Rules

This game is based on the old text adventure games. In this case, a moderator takes the place of the parser.

All moves/commands must be bolded. Unbolded text will be ignored at the parser’s discretion.

There are no turns, and no official player list. When you have a move you want to try, jump in and try it. If you feel like you’re hogging all of the fun, then step back and let other people make some moves!

Some sample commands are

**Inventory**
    **Go east**
    **Hit troll with stick**
    **Save**
    **Examine book**

Silly commands such as Slay all before me can be used, and are in fact encouraged. Note that these will often result in death. Save early and often!

1 Like

Here are the scores listed after each death (or success… eventually)

Endings!

\color{DarkOrchid}\text{You stop your bicycle by a forbidding wrought-iron gate. A cobblestone path winds its way to the north. To the east and west stretches a dark and lonely road. It is raining. Exits are north, east, and west}

Hmm, using LaTeX to change the font color seems to make it not wrap as well. Is that annoying? I could break up my posts like this (annoying for me), or just not use color.

\color{cyan}\text{You stop your bicycle by a forbidding wrought-iron gate. }
\color{cyan}\text{A cobblestone path winds its way to the north. }
\color{cyan}\text{To the east and west stretches a dark and lonely road. }
\color{cyan}\text{It is raining. Exits are north, east, and west}

Inspect Gate

I can’t figure out how to read all of it when it’s not wrapped, is there not a way to add a carriage return in your markup language?

The wrought-iron gate features the Spooky family crest. It’s closed.

Not that I can figure out! For now I just won’t change the color of my posts. I’ll use the “>” character to make them stand out somewhat until someone smarter than me figures out how to make it work.

Inspect crest

FYI: the “blue” font is difficult to read in “Dark Mode”.

1 Like

The crest looks similar to old family crests that looks like it belongs with a castle. The center of the crest has what appears to be a werewolf howling at a full moon. Two owls hold up a banner at the bottom of the crest with what is probably the family motto “Mors certa hora incerta”.

Good to know. I won’t use color until I can figure out how to make it not be all in one line. If I do end up using color I’ll see what color people prefer.

Protect package from rain

You put the package inside of your raincoat to keep it from getting wet.

Gently caress the cobblestone path with the fingertips of your right hand.

You quickly look around. No one is in sight. You drop to your knees and gently caress the cobblestone path with the fingertips of your right hand. Ah, that sweet sweet cobblestone. Oh how it calls to you. You suppress the urge to roll around naked on the cobblestone. Deciding it’s best to get on with your job, you quickly stand up and straighten your raincoat.

You are standing in front of an iron gate. It is raining. Exits are north, east, and west.

go west

:popcorn:

You can go home once you’ve had Mr Spooky sign for his parcel!