Sleep Number Bed or …?

Wife is similar to me, so we usually don’t make the bed. Sometimes she will get into a “complete small tasks” phase and will make it every day for a week but it doesn’t last long. We will make it if company is coming over and may see the bed.

For bed size, I think king beds are sometimes too small. I want a custom oversized bed for my next one.

FWIW, we’ve had a queen for most of our marriage; and I have trouble sleeping if my wife isn’t with me.

My parents have a king sized bed, and I don’t sleep too well in that either, even with my wife in the same bed as the distance is too far apart and I can’t “find” her.

Take the closet doors completely off?

1 Like

Here ya go:

Well, I certainly prefer to “air out” the bed for a couple of hours. I’ll make the bed when it is convenient, and before my wife comes home from her work.

Hi. I have a Sleep Number bed, queen size, with bilateral firmness controls, but no other gimmicks–just a plastic frame, no headboard, no elevation, no warming. I do like it more than most other beds I’ve slept in. I had to buy a ridiculously overpriced mattress cover to get a warranty for water damage to the bed. Still glad I made the purchase, which was in 2013. The SleepIQ system is a pain to connect to the wi-fi, and will randomly disconnect if the signal is weak, but it’s worked okay with my new router.

The SleepIQ app is cool, it’s not a life-changer or anything, but it’s fun to look at. Sleep Number sends me deals on pillows and other items, but they’re still rather high-priced. I did buy one of their pillows once when my neck and I had a disagreement.

45 years for me, it was mentioned a lot

I do it because my place always looks hotel-ready.
Not only does it make me feel good when I come home/walk by my bedroom, I feel at ease whenever a friend wants to swing by. My bedding is also brand name and cost over $2000, so need to show it off.

And it’s discipline practice for me. Since I had issues with substances, it’s my measure of how unmotivated I am. If I can’t even get myself to make the bed, then I know something in me needs correcting.

if space is an issue, have you considered futons (the japanese mattress not the convertible furniture)

it takes a while (3-6 mos) to get used to, but after that it’s the best sleep in your life

When our granddaughter has a sleepover, I often end up in the guest bed. We have a CA King. That kid takes up 3/4ths from the middle, but my wife is fine hugging the edge.

1 Like

It’s very important to me to NOT make my bed, if that’s the same thing.

then don’t buy from IKEA

5 Likes

Our last mattress was a tempurpedic, and I loved it when we got it, but was not sleeping as well 8 years in. We went back to a normal mattress with coils and bought from avocado. We have a split king so that we can adjust each side of the base separately, but if my spouse was comfortable at the same adjustment level as me, I would prefer a queen. The king sized was good when we had kids crawling into bed for snuggles, but it’s a lot of space for just the two of us.

what in the hell? what did I do?

you’re swinging with JFG

huh. news to me! or maybe they’re just getting prepared to invite me over to “explore the boundaries of their relationship”.

I slept on a sleep number bed in a hotel once. IMHO, it’s a glorified air mattress. I didn’t care for it. YMMV.

If you’re looking for a traditional mattress and have an Original Mattress Factory in your area, I would recommend them. I’ve bought nearly all my mattresses from there & have liked them all. I’ve I found the sales people there to be helpful and not pushy even though they work on commission.

I like to be able to easily touch my spouse at night, even if it’s just with my foot.

i like to kick my spouse also

It was the kid’s foot in my face or back that I wasn’t fond of.