Seahawks Are Still For Real This Time

Actually, this is not only on the defense.

Wilson has played like shit.
Three turnovers, that are all on him.

Yeah, tough day for both Russell and the defence. Had hoped Bills would do what they did against the Rams: give up 29 unanswered points!

Seemed like a truly awful game, Worse still, now the rest of the teams can figure out how to win.

Anywho, SEA at LAR on Fox, so I’ll get to watch. All CBS games are on in the late slot, so The Masters can be finished. CBS starts Masters coverage at 10AM Eastern, ending at 3PM, and hopes there will not be a long playoff past 4PM.

Looks like a good game to miss, if I had to pick one to not watch. Like so many, it was not televised in my area. Too bad but they were up against a good team and it sounds like there were holes in both the offense and the defense. Hopefully we play better against the Rams next week and maybe just maybe I’ll get to watch that one! It’s a late afternoon game so the odds are better at least.

Would like to see them bounce back the next two weeks with wins against the Rams and Cardinals. That would give them no worse than a split with all their division rivals.

Fox has a “national game” of SF at NO at that time. This usually means that all but the local areas of the other games will carry that game.

1 Like

I won’t get my hopes up then.

Looks like there is a third game on the Fox schedule. CIN at PIT was moved to the afternoon, and takes up a large swath of the broadcast from Tennessee to Maine, and the KC area, and Orlando.
SEA at LAR gets most of the west of Mississippi areas plus MI, except SF to Reno.
SF at NO gets the rest.

AFC North looking like bigger bullies than the NFC West now.
Overall records:
AFC North: 21-10-1
NFC West: 20-13-0
Take out the Division games:
AFC North: 15-4-1
NFC West: 16-9-0

1 Like

What happens if you take out the Bengals? :rofl:

ETA: I suppose you could pull the 49ers from the NFC West for symmetry.

I’ll just go ahead & do it. Non-division games for the top 3 teams in each division:

AFC North: 13-2
NFC West: 13-6

The real question is what would have happened if the 49ers didn’t have $80mil :astonished: in cap space on injured reserve this year.

Well, the Bengals are 2-2-1 outside the division.
49ers are 3-3-0 outside the division.
Cardinals are 3-3-0 outside the division.
Still early in the season, but Bengals will probably stay in last place, for losing Division games.
NFC West looks to be beating each other up, so the Division champion will be decided by games played outside the division.

Nearly all teams are dealing with significant injuries this season, be it overpaid veterans or underpaid players on their first contract.

Yeah, I noticed that. So it doesn’t matter which team you exclude when you’re only counting non-Division games. But for symmetry you should exclude one and include one, which is what I did to get my 13-2 vs 13-6 records.

No home fans for TNF next Thursday. Probably none all season.

I did this – guessing whether I’ll be able to watch a SEA game – on the old AO, but I did not keep it. Allow me to update:
Week 10: at LAR. This will be broadcast for me. YES.
Week 11: home v ARI on TNF. YES.
Week 12: at PHI on MNF. YES.
Week 13: home v NYG on Fox, but LAR on Fox at the same time. NO.
Week 14: home v NYJ on CBS (single game), but LVR on at same time, plus morning
games to compete against. NO.
Week 15: at WFT on Fox (single) early. LAR on CBS in the afternoon, so local station might not want to schedule a game (PHI at ARI) against them. Competition doesn’t look too strong (TB-ATL, Ho-CHI-MIN, CAR-GB , DET-TEN * ( = possible flex) , and two of five games will be flexed to Saturday. Won’t be flexed to SNF. MAYBE.
Week 16: home v LAR. YES.
Week 17: at SF, late on Fox. Same time as LAR game. Some game has to be flexed to SNF. All games are Divisional, so the most compelling Division Championship or wild-card (result is one in and one out) will make the cut. This game doesn’t project (IMO) to be flexed, but the LAR game could be flexed. It’s possible that other games will be flexed to the late spot if LAR game is flexed. So, NO, as it stands. Hoping LAR and ARI are both on cusp of making playoffs by then (and not already in, as once expected), and leave the SEA game as the sole afternoon game.

Not to the tune that SF is. Feel free to look it up but I’d be willing to bet a signficant # of GA bucks that tehy have at least 25% more cap space on IR than the team 2nd on the list.

Here are a bunch of stupid reporters (with interest in the teams they cover) ignoring the intradivision results so far.

There’s no easy out. The AFC North has at least one and maybe two teams that would rank ahead of anyone in the NFC West in most power rankings after a rough Week 9 for Seattle, San Francisco and Arizona. But it also has a 2-5-1 Cincinnati Bengals team that’s still in rebuilding mode. Even the 49ers, last place at 4-5, are competitive. No other division has a last-place team with more than three wins.

Depth and coaching. It’s cute that other divisions – looking at you, AFC North – think they have a claim as the NFL’s best, but no division in football boasts the depth of the NFC West.

Again, take away CIN’s three losses to division teams and they are at 0.500. A “Best Division” needs to have a stellar record against the other Divisions’ teams. AFC North has that.

So, setting up the TiVo, and it shows “SF at NO.” That is incorrect.

This is going to be another bad loss for the seahawks.

Injury list is horrendous (already ruled out)
Shaquille Griffen
Dunbar
Carson
Hyde
Pocic
Mone (starting DT)

Questionable
KJ
Mayowa (DE)
Robison (DE)

And these are just the people on the active roster that had a shot this week.

Hawks will be 3rd place in the West after today