RIP thread

Aside: has anyone heard that Frankenstein’s Monster version, where it is the studio version for 90% of it, then it cuts (poorly, I might add) to some live version (not the “One More From the Road” version, from what I can tell)? I want to shoot my radio when I hear it. Might call my radio station and complain like a proper old man instead.
Live version is better IMO anyway. “Play it pretty for Atlanta” and the dueling guitar solos (duet?). I might have worn out my brother’s Side 4 LP.

1 Like

Topol - best known for Fiddler On The Roof

a bit surprise only 87

4 Likes

Damn. He was 36 - my age - in that movie.

1 Like

That reminds me of the Wilford Brimley Cocoon line. Remember the movie Cocoon when a bunch of old farts got invigorated by swimming in a pool with alien cocoon? Wilford Brimley seemed really old then. He was 50 IRL when that movie was released.

4 Likes

Of course, I loved him best for Zarkov in Flash (ah ahhhh!) Gordon

1 Like

Jim Gordon, talented but troubled drummer who killed his mother after hearing voices in 1983 died in California prison of natural causes at 79. Has writing credit on Layla, suffered from addition and schizophrenia.

That math stuff will get you.

8 Likes

Probably used weapons of math instruction

1 Like
2 Likes

Moore was not in the spotlight like Jobs, Gates or Zuckerberg but he was a tech giant and brilliant. RIP.

I’d be willing to bet that by 2025, he’ll be twice as dead.

5 Likes

Or fit into half the space as he does now.

2 Likes

1 Like

Officially just missing, but almost certainly RIP given the conditions:

Chuck Morris, drummer for Lotus, and his son disappeared kayaking. Lotus was a former entry of mine in the BotB on the AO. RIP.

RIP Keith Reid, 76, lyricist.

Wrote the words to one of the most famous rock songs of all time, A Whiter Shade of Pale, by Procol Harum.

1 Like

Goodbye, Mr. Sakamoto

1 Like

The song from the David Bowie movie Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence (which Sakamoto also starred in) was one of my favorites.

RIP Al Jaffee, Mad Magazine cartoonist. Creator of the infamous fold-in pics. I enjoyed Mad Magazine a lot growing up.

6 Likes

from Weird Al:

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=773140834174862&set=a.251213386367612

6 Likes