RIP thread

I liked her special - Raquel!

Here’s a bit: a groovy “space dance” out somewhere in Mexico, and then Paris to do some California Dreamin

yes, well not the Ray gun

That life-sized poster was by far the most popular poster on the walls of men’s residence rooms when I was in university.

RIP Raquel.

Wait, are you Andy Dufresne?

3 Likes

I preferred her in One Million Years BC: the dinosaurs even time travelled to appear with her!

1 Like

They had the means, and they chose properly.

2 Likes

One of my favorite guest spots of hers was on Spin City where she played Richard Kind’s character’s mother. RK’s character was incensed about how everyone was enamored with his mother’s beauty until one of the other guys asked him to “verbally describe” his mother as she was walking by.

After the description that focused on her beauty and sex-appeal, RK’s got a look of extreme shame, “Oh my God! I just checked out my own mother!!”

2 Likes

She claimed 82, but probably more like 1,002,100.

2 Likes

Dunno, but that’s where it’s worth trying to make a difference. Fentanyl is cheap to manufacture, tiny amounts (easy to hide) are valuable, and it’s in widespread use as a legal pharmaceutical. It was administered to me the first time i had an endoscopy, and it’s widely used during surgery. I can’t imagine we will succeed with source control.

1 Like

I don’t think there is any fixing the Fentanyl issue. There could be harsher penalties on dealers selling the stuff but those people never think they are going to get caught, especially the bosses. Courts are reluctant to punish the street dealers too harshly and law enforcement seldom catches the kingpins.

A lot of this comes down to addicts going too far to get high. You’ll only save the addicts if you can get them to stop being addicts.

We’re getting OT here.

a little pre-announcement:

ATLANTA (Feb. 18, 2023) — After a series of short hospital stays, former U.S. President Jimmy Carter today decided to spend his remaining time at home with his family and receive hospice care instead of additional medical intervention. He has the full support of his family and his medical team. The Carter family asks for privacy during this time and is grateful for the concern shown by his many admirers.

Jimmy Carter is 98 years old. That’s a really good run.

I was amazed by the results from his previous treatments for cancer, but there does come a point where further treatment may be futile.

2 Likes

May he pass easily.

9 Likes

That’s sad.

Random trivia… Jimmy Carter has been married 76 years 225 days as of today, which is longer than any other President. The Carters surpassed George & Barbara Bush a year & a half after Mrs. Bush’s death. (The Bushes were married January 6, 1945 and the Carters on July 7, 1946. Barbara Bush died on April 17, 2018.)

I hope he is comfortable in his final days / hours.

1 Like

RIP, Richard Belzer

2 Likes

So sad, he was great on SVU. I guess that Munch will be stuck in Baltimore forever now

He had health issues for a lot of years. :frowning:

RIP.

RIP Gordon Pinsent.

Loved his performance in “Away From Her”, co-starring with one of my all-time favourites, Julie Christie.

Actor Tom Sizemore, 61, Brain Aneurysm

1 Like

Gary Rossington. Free Bird RIP

1 Like

That’s too bad about Rossington. I do believe Free Bird is the greatest song ever put to vinyl, and Rossington’s slide guitar is a big part of the song.

1 Like