RIP thread

The sky’s in love with you.

3 Likes

♪♪Old Burt Bacharach is dead
But that doesn’t mean my eyes will soon be turning RED!♪♪

1 Like

His 2nd marriage was to Angie Dickinson for 15 years. Nice!

I first learned about him when Peter Schickele said he was meeting one of PDQ Bach’s direct descendants Burt. He picked up a pebble so that he could give Burt Bach a rock.

2 Likes

Child actor Austin Majors died in a homeless shelter at age 27. Nothing if official yet, but the suspected reason is a fentanyl OD.

Majors played Theo Sipowics on NYPD Blue. His acting role wasn’t large, but it was frequent. His presence as the child of single father and main protagonist Andy Sipowics was a major factor in Andy’s character development over many seasons. I am a big fan of the show and have watched it from beginning to end a few times.

This fentanyl crap is just out of control.

2 Likes

I completely agree. I personally know several young guys aged 25-35 who are no longer with us due to fentynal. I don’t what it will take to shut down the pipeline allowing this stuff to come into our country, but it needs to happpen sooner rather than later.

IDK, when America’s home grown drug dealers got a slap on the wrist, avoided any jail time and retained billions in profits seems like it might be difficult to stop something small, cheap and easily produced from being smuggled into the country regardless of law enforcement efforts.

Seems like a massive educational campaign might be somewhat more successful though I doubt there is the stomach for the financial investment that would cost.

1 Like

Seems like going after the supply side is not working.

Can anything be done about the demand side?

RIP Internet Explorer

3 Likes

Netscape fans rejoice!

2 Likes

I think Edge is a stupid name. I want to be in Thick of the action, not on the Edge.

1 Like

I don’t mind being on the Edge of the frontier.

Who knows, I just might see NCC-1701 or NTE-3120 flying by.

I’d like to be on the Edge when Windows 17 comes out. Just like the white winged dove

1 Like

RIP Boeing 747.

Despite the large number of trips I took on them in the 1970’s and 1980’s it was always a thrill climbing up that curving staircase to the second level.

3 Likes

Raquel Welch - 82

3 Likes

loved Fantastic Voyage

was surprised when i read the book, that her character was appropriately attractive

I had her 1,000,000 Years B.C. poster way back when.

I recently rewatched Bedazzled. Well, only her scene…

Whatcha say there, fussy britches?

guest star on Mork & Mindy

Is that a ray gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me

I just watched a Mae West bio, and I believe she originated that saying.