RIP thread

Pretty sure I have seem between 8 to10 movies he was in

Bob Dole, Longtime Senator, Republican Leader, Dies at 98 Bob Dole, Longtime Senator, Republican Leader, Dies at 98 - WSJ

2 Likes

Heaven News’s newest field reporter Bob Dole’s spirit announces that Bob Dole has passed away.

My grandparents were bootleggers in the 40s in KS. The Doles (Bob’s parents) and the Specters were among their best clients. :slight_smile:

RIP Bob

2 Likes

RIP Michael Nesmith, a Monkee

2 Likes

Let’s all pour out a bottle of White Out in remembrance of Michael.

3 Likes

Author Anne Rice

I enjoyed her vampire books when I was younger. RIP.

I read all the Vampire series, it was really good for quite a long run

My oldest was reading them at 13

I read the first 3, they were pretty enjoyable. Big screen adaptation was a let down as I recall. RIP

1 Like

Interview With The Vampire was good, the issue at the time was the miscasting of Tom Cruise, who actually did a good job

Queen of The Damned was awful

Not sure if others

Memnoch the Devil was a fun read

I liked the concept that be the devil wasn’t evil, but actually so caring he was willing to watch over the tortured souls

1 Like
1 Like

A former co-worker of mine died yesterday. Came as a surprise, as he had been discharged from the hospital after having surgery on his thymus. Spent a few days in rehab, then took a turn for the worse.

He and I had maintained a friendship long after we stopped working together. Just 2 years ago a visited his house in the Po. I drove his tractor and shot guns with him - stuff I never expected to do. Always a friendly, cheery guy, loved to tell jokes (some of them really crude), loved cooking, sailing, gardening, pool, fishing, and lots of other stuff. A real reminder to get the most out of life since you never know how short it will be.

10 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. :cry:

2 Likes

Desmond Tutu.

Desmond Tutu, Archbishop Who Helped End Apartheid, Dies at 90

1 Like

E. O. Wilson

1 Like

John Madden

There’s a dedicated thread to him in Sports, if you’re interested.

1 Like