RIP thread

Thanks. Didn’t see it at first.

1 Like

Dan Reeves, former NFL player but made his mark as a head coach of the Denver Bronocos (three Superbowl appearances, but no wins).

Perhaps the first celebrity death of 2022.

Huh, i saw her in the death pool thread, and assumed she was here, too

‘Golden Girl’ Betty White Dies at Age 99

Last big celebrity death of 2021.

Someone gave her her own thread

3 Likes

Renowned archiologist and conservationist

Daughter studied under him and Angelina Jolie was doing a film on his conservation work

1 Like

Btw BBTs Leonard’s middle name was Leakey, named after Richard’s father Louis, also a renowned archiologist

Peter Bogdanovich

wasn’t he also in the Sopranos? As a shrink for shrinks?

According to that obit, yes:

Bogdanovich had a small role in the film, and also acted in other projects, perhaps most memorably playing a therapist in “The Sopranos.”

Bob Saget:

yikes, he did stand-up saturday night and then died on sunday. wonder what happened. heart attack?

Or stroke.

2nd show of a 27 (if I counted right) show tour. He obviously didn’t think he was approaching death.

RIP Danny Tanner

Or self induced

Wow.

At least reporting I saw said no drugs, so if it was self-induced, it would have had to be more intentional.

i doubt that someone who was doing a 27-show tour would be oh, i’m done with this, time to off myself.

likely heart attack or stroke imo.

1 Like

Wasn’t Chris Connel in the middle of a concert tour with sound Garden 2017 when he killed himself? But your probably right with stroke or heart attack.

Anyway RIP.

Yes, he was on tour. Also had 4 doses of Ativan in his system and a bunch of other stuff before he hanged himself.

Coroner said drugs not a factor, but according to Wikipedia he had taken:

which seems like a lot to have no mental/nervous side effects. But IANAC (oroner).

Although…

It’s more likely that he took the atavan because he was depressed/agitated/in a bad mental place, and it didn’t sooth him enough, than that he killed himself because he was on atavan.

fwiw, performers often have no health insurance. I knew a (not at all famous, but he was making a living) musician who hadn’t seen a doctor in years, because self-employed and no insurance, who dropped dead the day after he performed with a fairly good friend. It was a heart attack, and completely unexpected, although the friend said the guy hadn’t looked great after their gig.

The guy was in his 50s, and it was a huge shock to everyone who knew him. But I hear “self employed person drops dead” and my first thought is heart attack/stroke.

and he made a comment on candace cameron’s instagram page less than a day ago!

his comment is getting non-stop replies now.