RIP thread

Sorry for your loss, VA.

1 Like

I’m sorry for your family’s loss.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss.

Also, RIP, Jerry Remy. https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-red-sox/2021/10/31/jerry-remy-death-alex-cora-texts-wade-boggs-david-ortiz/

1 Like

I’m very sorry for your loss. May his memory be a blessing to you and your wife.

1 Like

Ziggy, something wrong here!

3 Likes

had a career that covered 70 years

Max Cleland 79 heart disease, he was someone who gave a lot for his country.

RIP FW de Klerk

This article has a little more about the controversy surrounding his legacy. I admit to not knowing a whole lot about him other than “the guy who ended apartheid”. I look forward to reading a more in depth article (The Economist is usually good for this) in the coming days.

It seems inevitable that whomever ended apartheid would be a controversial figure. You don’t get to the point of being in a position where you have the power do that without toeing the party line that says it should exist.

Anyway, slightly longer article:

Well here’s their obit:

1 Like

Looks like this thread missed Art LaFleur’s passing on the 17th. The role that has particular significance to me was when he played Babe Ruth in The Sandlot.

“Heroes get remembered, but legends never die…”

1 Like

RIP Lou Cutell - aka Dr. Cooperman, best known as the Ass-man on Seinfeld.

1 Like

It was a million-to-one-shot, doc…a million-to-one.

2 Likes

RIP Stephen Sondheim :cry:

1 Like

:cry:

91 years is a pretty good run

1 Like

Yeah, he accomplished a great deal, and lived a long live. I know nothing of his personal life, but from my perspective it seems to have been a life well-lived.

The odd side effect is I can see the new Spielberg West Side Story getting a boost from Sondheim’s death

David Gulpilil

1 Like

He was in a lot of good movies. We lived in Maningrida during part of my childhood and my mum knew him when he was a teenager.

1 Like