RIP thread

RIP Charles Grodin

I loved him in The Great Muppet Caper (also Midnight Run)

4 Likes

He was all Charles Grodin (necrotic, hesitant, etc.) in Dave.

1 Like

One of my personal favorite movies is called Seems Like Old Times where Grodin plays a 3rd wheel of sorts who is married to Goldie Hawn, but Chevy Chase plays her ex-husband. Chevy robs a bank, and Goldie is his lawyer. Grodin is the straight-laced man, Goldie is cheerful and ditzy, and Chevy is Chevy. Itā€™s a screwball comedy that is not really remembered that much, but when I was a kid it was funny as hell.

As I write this I realize many may not remember these names. Chevy was one of the first stars to break big off of SNL. Goldie is Kate Hudsonā€™s mom.

. . . Private Benjamin.

Or a regular on Laugh In.

Iā€™m sure a lot of people know Chevy from Community.

Chevy does Paul Simonā€™s lip sync on ā€œYou Can Call Me Alā€.

1 Like

Then she went ā€˜Overboardā€™

2 Likes

Or the Dad in the Vacation movies.

Well . . . now Iā€™m not very hungry anymore.

Mike Marshall, LA Dodgerā€¦
Sorry, not specific enough; the pitcher, not the first baseman.

Hereā€™s his extensive blog about pitching, and ranting on about how he has been blackballed by non-scientific baseball powers-that-be.
https://www.drmikemarshall.com/

Ned Beatty passed away. I first remember him as the bumbling henchman to Lex Luthor in the 1978 Superman movie. He is more remembered for his film debut in Deliverance, with one of the most shocking scenes in movie history. So letā€™s all squeal a little bit in memory of a great character actor.

I saw this and figured Chevy Chase had died.

I love the #PierceOrChevy thing on Twitter where the whole cast posted often racist or generally offensive statements and the concept was, was it something Pierce from Community or Chevy Chase personally said?

John McAfee - suspected suicide while awaiting extradition on tax evasion charges.

maybe it was a virus

Rim shot

whaaaaaa

Thinking McAfeeā€™s death should go in a different threadā€¦

1 Like

:squintyeyes:

Oh Iā€™m sorry is there a general dead thread? If so I meant to put it there.