Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

They probably explain it by saying the airlines are part of the conspiracy.

looks like it would fit nicely on a turtles back

5 Likes

Not sure how they explain that the “North Pole” is colder and the “South Pole” is colder if the sun, which people can actually feel heat from, is hitting the earth at about the same angle.
Now I’m wondering how the “sun rises” at different times and at different angles.

Oh, and how this conspiracy is 2500 years old.

2500 years ago, it wasn’t a conspiracy, just ignorance

The UN flag is secretly just taunting us

5 Likes

Or how you see the same stars in South Africa and southern Argentina.

Notice, though, that the “conspiracy” started going away when we started adding fluoride to the water. :thinking: Maybe our fluoridated brains just distort the Earth into the appearance of roundness.

1 Like

See below, I guess that would work in that the ‘poles’ get less sunlight and therefore less warmth. Now, the pattern of that light, you should be able to measure sunrise across a range of latitudes and determine that this doesn’t work. Trigonometry should tell you this doesn’t work, but I’m guessing trigonometry is beyond the reach of most of these folks.

Flat Earth GIF - Flat Earth Sun - Discover & Share GIFs

Really? They seem to go on and on about sin all the time. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

They also know a thing or two about going off on a tangent.

2 Likes

They believe the moon and sun are perfectly out of phase and the moon rises 12 hours after the sun?

Solar Eclipse… (mind asplode).

1 Like

Cool, the sun is always up. I mean the earth is flat (ass u me), so we should be able to see the sun all day, and all night.
So, next they’ll tell us that it’s just a little curved.

Nice that this curves right into “moon landings were faked,” and, of course, “ALL space launches were faked.”

Can man ever walk on the moon? Cosecant.

I don’t know if it’s fully accurate, I am admittedly not a flat earth expert. I assume they also adjust it so that the sun moves north and south with the seasons.

I don’t know how they explain eclipses. Maybe they’ve replaced the sky with one giant OLED panel and they can just do whatever they please with the skies.

Just put a shade on the sun so it only broadcasts light across a 70° arc or whatever.

Going down a wikihole about geocentrism, the same-level fixes (more complicated) were made by Ptolemy to explain shit. Occam’s Razor is obviously part of the conspiracy as well. You know what explains everything easier?
Sad news on wiki:

According to a report released in 2014 by the National Science Foundation, 26% of Americans surveyed believe that the sun revolves around the Earth.[59] Morris Berman quotes a 2006 survey that show currently some 20% of the U.S. population believe that the Sun goes around the Earth (geocentricism) rather than the Earth goes around the Sun (heliocentricism), while a further 9% claimed not to know.[60] Polls conducted by Gallup in the 1990s found that 16% of Germans, 18% of Americans and 19% of Britons hold that the Sun revolves around the Earth.[61] A study conducted in 2005 by Jon D. Miller of Northwestern University, an expert in the public understanding of science and technology,[62] found that about 20%, or one in five, of American adults believe that the Sun orbits the Earth.[63] According to 2011 VTSIOM poll, 32% of Russians believe that the Sun orbits the Earth.[64]

Perspective. I mean, could you still see a candle a mile away?

If the sun is so hot, why is space so cold?

Checkmate.

2 Likes

They likely believe that every other “celestial object” has an orientation that is perpendicular to Earth’s.

I mean, how else are we gonna see those things?