Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

Well, yeah - but he keeps using that word. I do not think it means what he thinks it means.

5 Likes

I think it is a perfect description of the call.

1 Like

You are attempting to find meaning where there is none. Trump uses a method of describing things where words don’t have meaning they have emotion. Some words are good and give you good emotions, some words are bad and give you bad emotions. To speak this way you categorize things you want people to feel good about together and categorize things that you want people to feel bad about (or hate) together. So the call is “perfect” a good word so the call is good and feels good.

Look at the tweet above and look how he stacks the descriptors, they don’t have meaning they have emotion. The GOP and conservative media use this to destroy words and terms. They misuse terms purposefully to destroy their meaning but frame them with the chosen emotion.

4 Likes

Doubleplusungood

2 Likes

Barr did an opinion piece for the WSJ where he defends Fox News in the Dominion lawsuit. I don’t subscribe to the WSJ, so I only have a link to The Hill where they recap his main arguments:

FWIW I agree with the part that a former president making claims of election fraud is newsworthy and networks should report on that. It’s the leap from there to Fox hosts making statements they knew were false in support of that theory, and giving air time to others to make statements that they also knew were false, that I think exposes them here to damages.

2 Likes

Yep… this. Plenty of other media outlets navigated that “landmine”.

I was watching a live news clip today of Jill Biden and Sophie Gregoire Trudeau touring our National Art Gallery. Next to the painting they were viewing was a very large full frontal painting of a reclining naked man. Just what Joe Biden needs I thought, a photo of Jill Biden beside a naked man. However, when I checked this out online, the news clip stopped just before the naked man comes into sight. I think that may have been done to avoid any stupid controversy.

1 Like
4 Likes

I’m going to help these churches get funding.

1 Like

What will happen to the unacceptable books?

1 Like

Navarro refuses to return presidential records that he took that he acknowledges aren’t his, because providing the records may implacate him in crimes

3 Likes

Pleading the Obstructionist 5th?

A Florida state representative reading a list of supporters of a bill into a committee hearing record.

Maybe doesn’t belong in this thread, since he has given the list and did not necessarily believe it. In fact, afterwards he tweeted

Our opponents have done everything they can to crush our spirit and to break our will. But they failed. They’ve only made us stronger. And 2024 is the final battle, it’s going to be the big one. You put me back in the White House, their reign will be over and America will be a free nation once again.

1 Like

She is well on her way to becoming a future presidential candidate. Like Trump her branding and ability to draw attention to herself is astounding.

2 Likes

She might one day be the Republican nominee. The winner? I don’t think so. Might have a chance at President if elected Trump’s VP. Scary!

1 Like

This was the fear I had if John McCain had won. Sarah Palin a heartbeat away from the Presidency was a frightening thought.

But she could see Russia from her house.

Yes I know that was Tina Fey

1 Like