Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

Rand Paul says Manhattan DA should be put in jail for doing his job.

I recall that Judas hung himself because of the guilt he felt over betraying Jesus. Could thus be a win-win situation if DeSantis betrays Trump.

3 Likes

Would DeSantis feel guilt though? Would anyone?

At the risk of stating the obvious, there is a difference between handing over an innocent man to be killed vs a guilty one to be given a fair trial and possibly sentenced to a few months in jail or more likely community service if found guilty.

I wouldn’t feel guilty for the latter. I might feel regret if it resulted in me getting death threats from MAGA folk, but I wouldn’t feel guilt that I’d sinned.

Maybe they’ll start a story that the date when Jesus and his disciples threw the money changers out of the temple was January 6.

My comment was meant to be facetious not serious.

Rudy Giuliani apparently believes that when he went to Ukraine, George Soros drove out onto the tarmac and tried to block the plane from taking off.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1638701478461464576

I can’t tell if he believes it, just likes saying shit, is being a grifter, or if he’s actually delusional. Maybe some combo. He is way out there.

1 Like

Should have stuck with Soros hired protestors to try and stop his flight.

2 Likes

I used to think that about Trump. I’ve moved to the camp that thinks Trump is actually delusional and mentally ill.

1 Like

Could go in a number of threads, but I’m putting it here:

4 Likes

And once again the Simpson ahead of their time.

2 Likes

while that may be true, it is layered on top of a baseline disposition to be shitty, petty, and selfish.

Hes on a roll today

What happened? He lost in 2021 and won later, perhaps with many more than 10% of the Manhattan votes? Or won in 2021 with big margins outside Manhattan?

And what is his point?

It’s a denominator issue. Turnout was 27%, so even though (Bragg votes)/(Votes for DA) = 0.84, (Bragg votes)/(Registered voters) = 0.23, and (Bragg votes) / (residents of Manhattan) < 0.1.

3 Likes

Why in the world has he latched onto the adjective “perfect” to describe a phone call? It makes no sense. What is the difference between a “perfect” call and just a “really good” one?

2 Likes

. dupe

I feel like he is telling us he thinks he handled those phone calls in a way where he shouldn’t get in trouble.

1 Like