Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

Eh, I think there’s a lot of low-hanging fruit out there from folks NOT paying their fair share. Plus the fear of getting caught will hopefully spur a lot of people into voluntary compliance.

My take is that it’s kind of like Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart doesn’t want to catch you shoplifting from them. That’s a hassle. They want you to not shoplift in the first place. That’s why they have signs everywhere warning you that you’re on camera. If they were trying to catch you, they wouldn’t warn you.

I think the IRS is similar. They don’t want to catch you cheating on your taxes. That’s a hassle. They want you to not cheat.

3 Likes

makes sense

That said, I’ll be keeping better track of my mileage and other deductible business expenses.

I wonder if that applies to Jared and Ivanka although I guess it’s still not too late for them.

This one could get interesting. Maybe we need a Republicans CLAIM the Darndest Things! Thread

Already posted

Additional reactions
Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 8.36.33 AM

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 8.37.03 AM

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 8.37.16 AM

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 8.39.16 AM

2 Likes

Yikes. He obviously didn’t mean military service, but what an incredibly callous thing to say.

The Capitol rioters also believed they fought for America. His statement that dad was playing for Team America brought back memories of this very funny movie.

2 Likes

Very similar stories on some other websites.

What a burn!!

Do the similar stories on other websites make Trump look dumb like that one? Curious if others beyond Murdoch have dumped on Trump to the same level.

It’s got to be really hard to not make him look dumb while reporting on that message.

2 Likes

Who knows? I first saw it from Rolling Stone in my Apple News feed, and it was similar. Hard for me to post directly from Apple News for some reason, so I googled, and found Rolling Stone, salon (which I still haven’t read), the NY Post and I’m pretty sure one more from the thumbnail looked similar but maybe not. I don’t see it now.

There’s also this from Forbes, which overall is more on election denial generally, not as much about Trump

It does include

I’d have him arrested for fomenting a revolution.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a revolution unless it is successful. Until that happens it more accurately something like an insurrection.

1 Like

From Business Insider Trump Says He 'Openly and Transparently' Took White House Docs

Several other sources report at least the last sentence, but none of the sources appear to be MSM.

“I just want to ask you,” Greene continued. “If a pair of underwear, really thick ones, high quality cotton, can’t protect you from a fart, then how will a mask protect you from covid??”

Think about it.

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 8.46.06 AM