Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

I’m sorry that my disagreement with Herschel Walker upset you.

I look forward to your next post of a Republican Lie as a fact.

:roll_eyes:

If you honestly thought that the purpose of my post was to present 87,000 IRS agents as a fact with some sort of intent to deceive then you seriously need to work on your reading comprehension.

More just how casually you drop it into another of your ridiculously unnecessary high school math problems, as it was something that you accept as fact without any critical thinking. If not for believing that as a fact, the rest of your post had no reason to exist.

But, this was already too much of my Saturday…

The 87k is Hannity level nonsense. I don’t think you meant go there, but it’s a good example of how people repeat what fox promotes while never watching fox news.

5 Likes

(some snips)

From Heather Cox Richardson “Letters from an American” Nov 21, 2022

First the background (it and the later quote both from the Nov 21 letter)

Then the new development:

The other big story mentioned at the start of the first quote was about Trump family dealings with foreign governments, not just foreign nationals.

1 Like

A seminal moment in the campaign: this erection is about the people

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1595241072971481089?t=O72tohhfOGbD6sfQcT3ODA&s=19

I can imagine what Lindsay Graham is thinking when he says that.

Remember when people actually claimed that Republicans would all turn on Walker and not vote for him just because his constant lies, disgustingness and lack of any moral compass?
Looks like instead, all republican senators are supporting his election. Not one has spoken out against him.

Republicans party has zero integrity and they are proud of it.

3 Likes

you can fill in many other names without changing a word

2 Likes

Republican doctrine since 1966:

The Eleventh Commandment (Ronald Reagan) - Wikipedia

Does not seem to apply to Trump who is able to say anything about anybody who does not display complete devotion to him.

From a letter to the editor published in the Philadelphia Inquirer this morning. First, the not so interesting part that clearly fits into this thread.

Then the writer’s last paragraph, which I enjoyed more.

1 Like

Party over Country.
That has been the Republican party for years, yet people still vote for them.

And people (even on this board) still worship Reagan and fail to acknowledge the damage he has done to this country during his lifetime and his lasting legacy that is still doing damage.

1 Like

Per MSNBC:

This week on Facebook, however, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy made a different kind of vow: “Next year, Republicans will start every day of Congress with prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance. No exceptions.”
Some on the right celebrated and promoted the GOP leader’s promise, as if it represented some kind of conservative cultural shift on Capitol Hill.

However There was, however, a small problem, which Democratic Rep. Ted Lieu of Colorado highlighted via Twitter yesterday:
Yes, McCarthy’s vow that Republicans will start every day of Congress with prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance — without exceptions — isn’t wrong so much as it’s unnecessary.
If you were to go to Capitol Hill any day in which members are in session, you’d hear a daily invocation and the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance on the floor. It’s not just tradition: It’s literally a written rule of the U.S. House of Representatives.

1 Like

Gotta love the GOP. Create an eleventh commandment, and ditch the second commandment.

2 Likes

I said earlier that I thought he might lose his erection, which still seems likely.

Now that abortions are hard to come by in Georgia, perhaps it’s a good thing that he’s losing his erection.

Questionable if not illegal

1 Like

Lotta small businesses are not going to like this stuff. Not saying they’re right and they probably already vote Republican anyway, but it’s going to be a lot of audits on non publicly owned businesses to recover this money. Going to put an additional burden on every business, even the ones who are paying their fair share.