Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

Open mouth, insert yeezy.

That is all.

It is when you’re trying to win a primary race consisting of a majority of Maga-ats, and then trying to win a general race consisting of a minority of Maga-ats.

2 Likes

seems recursive to me

Yep, GOP 101 -

Before primary: “THE ELECTION WAS STOLEN!”

After primary: “I’ve now come to the conclusion that the election was not stolen”

1 Like

Before primary: "We need to outlaw all abortions. No exceptions! "

After primary: "Hey, look at inflation! "

3 Likes

(Also posted in the Attack thread)

Is that… from a well-known movie or something??? Horror is not my genre, nor is cheesy campy “horror”.

Even so, what an incredibly horrible thing to post when the victim needed actual brain surgery to repair skull fragments.

Google image search did not find a source other that Nunes (I didn’t check every possible match)

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AdamKinzinger/status/1586909591912255488?t=utXOeHyVsnVC2vTQP6gXZw&s=19

In a Fox News interview with Sean Hannity on Monday, the former talk-show doctor declared: “This is important: We do not have a Republican senator north of North Carolina on the Atlantic coast until you get to Maine, if I don’t hold this seat.”

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 12.06.54 AM

Maybe he knew Pitt was in the ACC and presumed all ACC teams were from states on the Atlantic coast.

Perhaps Dr. Oz just sees New Jersey and Pennsylvania as being the same state?

Three (non-consecutive in original) paragraphs from it.

Maybe we need a poll: which is more "darnedest:

1. That democrats will never win another election in the state
  2. That the first statement has nothing to do with election integrity
2 Likes

Nothing costs as much as fentanyl. People give up their life for that.

4 Likes
1 Like

Is it lying if you thought it was true when you said it? I can easily imagine a person being unaware of that Mike Lee quote. Hannity should be more aware than the average person, but even so…

That said, one wonders how much research Hannity did before making that proclamation. Irresponsible reporting, certainly.

It will be interesting to see if the Twitter-verse finds other exceptions.

Yes, but as mentioned in my original source (not in what I posted from it), there are proposals like sunsetting all federal spending legislation after 5 years, limits on the debt ceiling, and moving social security to discretionary spending, all of which are to some extent attempts to attack social security without acknowledging now that social security is the target.

Also mentioned in the original source is proposals to raise the age of full benefits to 70. That to me is much less an attack on social security, and I’ll claim I felt that way even before I was 70. But a claim with respect to social security may not mean much, especially had it come from a Republican instead of me.

1 Like

Costanza: “it’s not a lie if you believe it.”
Wouldn’t have pegged George as a Republican/MAGA-hat, but there you are.

2 Likes

I mean surely all of us have been in the position of saying something that we believed at the time was true only to later learn that it wasn’t.

To me the word “lie” includes intent to deceive.

If I honestly believed that George Washington was elected POTUS in 1776 (as I’m guessing a frighteningly large number of Americans do actually believe) and I say that he was elected in 1776… obviously I’m wrong.

But to me that’s a case of being mistaken, not of lying. :woman_shrugging:

Now if, knowing full well that Washington wasn’t elected until 1789, I go and confidently assert that he was elected in 1776… then I am most certainly lying.