Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

this is a little more than just asking questions. this is flat out saying ‘watch out, your dem neighbors are trying to kill you’.

Does he not see the irony here? that he is actually the extreme voice encouraging people to hate, distrust, blame, and even hurt a minority?

This is just too much to say ‘fox news gonna be fox news’. I am rarely this outraged.

1 Like

If he loses sleep over it, he probably counts his stacks of money instead of sheep.

Tucker:

We’ve got a lot of White people. That’s inherently bad because White people are inherently bad. Again, do you want to live in a country where powerful people talk this way? What do you think it looks like in five years?

Um, the talking heads on MSNBC are not “powerful people.” Scare tactics, just like the Hutu’s did to the Tutsi’s. So, yeah, pretty sure he does not see the irony and hypocrisy of his own words. He gets paid for doing this, to keep eyeballs on the TV set.

But it’s not really about that channel or those hosts. It’s about a society that thinks that’s OK, where it’s not really about diversity. It’s about hating other people on the basis of their race.

Fun fact: Joy and Tiffany are black!
Here’s a fun dog whistle comment:

Now, don’t be fooled by the fact that Tiffany Cross can barely speak a coherent sentence. She was a communications major, apparently, according to the internet.

It’s odd that Fox viewers should worry about MSNBC when Fox continuously tells it’s audience that hardly anyone actually watches MSNBC.

During the primetime hours of 8-11 p.m., Fox News dominated with 2.2 million average viewers to outdraw MSNBC and CNN combined

Fox News averaged 1.4 million total day viewers during the quarter, crushing No. 2 MSNBC’s average viewership of 783,000

Im not hating on all fox news here. I can chuckle at their dumb jokes a little and move on with my day most of the time.

Im specifically calling out Tucker as, and this should say a lot - Too extreme for Fox.

That horrible show they play late night (Levin?) used to be the worst of the worst, but Tucker has taken the title.

1 Like

Pretty much always has been. Not to say, “Nothing new, move along…I said, MOVE ALONG,” but nearly every night he espouses the same type of hate he claims, when it’s other sources aimed at HIS people, is evil.

I wouldnt say its always been like this. He used to be like a poor mans hanity show, just parroting some R talking points and making ‘biden is old’ jokes.

Some time over the last year or so he went from that to promoting genocide. I know the show changed writers about a year ago after a scandal.

This isnt just tucker being tucker. this is so bad that brown people should be scared.

more scared, I think.

I see enough Tucker on Late Night and The Daily Show to know he needs to be turned off of everyone’s set.

2 Likes

One of the NYT’s writers had a series on his authoritarian language and promotion of replacement theory. this spring. It’s dark stuff.

Kentucky governor candidate Eric Deters charged for chasing nephew with truck (wcpo.com)

KENTON COUNTY, Ky. — Eric Deters, a candidate for Kentucky governor, is facing multiple charges after chasing a juvenile down in his truck.

Per court records, Kenton County police were dispatched to Sugar Ridge Farm on Oct. 3 for reports that Deters was chasing his juvenile nephew in his truck.

The nephew said that he drove to the farm to hunt and saw his uncle, Deters, in his respective truck near the mailboxes at the end of the driveway on Green Road. The nephew said he flipped Deters off with his middle finger, per court documents.

When police approached Deters at his neighboring residence, he corroborated his nephew’s story.

“That little chickensh*t wouldn’t get out of his truck,” Deters told police.

Deters also told police his nephew is lucky he didn’t get his “ass kicked.” He said he knew his nephew called the police, so Deters headed home.

While speaking with police, Deters proceeded to call everyone involved “a bunch of f****t p***s. He also asked police to communicate to his nephew that he should "go fk himself,” which police declined to do.

Deters is forced to have zero contact with Jeremy Deters now due to an Interpersonal Protective Order that expires in April 2023.

During the rest of his conversation with police, Deters said he succeeded in scaring his nephew, which was his goal.

“I bet he pissed his pants,” Deters said.

Prior to speaking with police, Deters also left a voicemail and text for his nephew’s mother, Julie Deters.

In the 47-second voicemail, Deters proceeds to use slurs against the LGBTQ+ community to refer to Julie’s husband and son, as well as “p***y.” Deters also threatens to beat his nephew up if his nephew flipped him or Deters’ wife off again and revved his engine at them.

“Uncle Eric doesn’t f*****g play,” Deters said in the voicemail. “I don’t play.”

Deters also sent multiple text messages to Julie Deters after police left his home around 6:15 p.m. He told her to “enjoy his show,” which is presumed to be his “Bulldog Show” that airs on Deters’ social media. Another text sent a picture of his nephew with an LGBTQ+ slur.

After the incident, Deters is facing one count of menacing, two counts of harassing communications and one count of criminal trespassing.

Deters, a lawyer, is currently running for governor. He is on the November ballot against Daniel Cameron, Kelly Craft, Mike Harmon, Savannah Maddox and Ryan Quarles in the Republican primary. Incumbent Democratic Governor Andy Beshear is the only candidate in the Democratic primary.

1 Like

Not sure if she’s a “Republican” but you are really on the fringe when Newsmax considers you too extreme. It will be interesting to she if she endoreses Trump if he runs and he embraces her endorsement.

1 Like

Good Lord, what a piece of trash.

Kenton County is northern Kentucky; suburban Cincinnati, although the southern part of the county is outer suburbs / exurbs. I remember seeing lots of “Deters” political signs growing up (or maybe visiting family after I moved away?) on the Ohio side of the river. Guessing it’s the same family, and it seems like he’s got an extremely privileged take on life.

I wonder if this has any connection with Newsmax’s actions regarding Logan.

Bannon gets 4 months in prison for Contempt of Congress

Sentence delayed pending appeal.

Is this the right thread? In some sense it’s for what he wouldn’t say.

Someone should flip him off during the primary debate. That could make for some good tv viewing.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of the continued use of homophobic slurs, but otherwise that sounds quaint.

1 Like

4 months they’re saying.

It’s related to January 6, so maybe in that thread?

Or maybe we need a thread for members of the Trump administration on trial for various things. Up to and including Trump himself, of course.

Whack job Reagan conservatives doing whst they do best, just like their saint:
Fabricating lies abd spreading unfounded fear to try to get their cronies back in power

The price of Skittles jumped :arrow_up:42% from last year. Not to mention the cartels are stuffing Skittles bags with deadly fentanyl.

Happy Halloween from the Biden administration.

https://twitter.com/Heritage/status/1583623935282712576?t=2Htpg-HSjqbiANYpaLha5A&s=19

I imagine fentanyl is more expensive than corn syrup, so it makes sense that the price would go up…

9 Likes