Remembrances of Pillow (from the actuarial outpost)

This is a poster moreso from the first decade of the AO (so the name may not mean much to a lot of you), but Pillow passed away suddenly last Sunday. :cry:

Pillow and I first started talking on the AO and became good friends, and at one point worked together at MegaInsuranceCompany for a couple of years. She even played a large role in me meeting MrsUA, and MrsUA and I were a small part in helping at Pillowā€™s and MrPillowā€™s wedding.

I eventually moved on to other companies in different cities, but she stayed there and had a good life going with her family and career. After I left MegaInsuranceCompany we kept in touch somewhat regularly, but as time went on we talked less and less as our lives became busy. We hadnā€™t talked for a long while, but we still exchanged Christmas cards and such, and I kept thinking off and on that I should meet up with her for lunch again sometime and catch up in personā€¦ but now thatā€™s not going to happen.

Since I canā€™t say it to you in person any more, Iā€™ll say it here: Thanks for everything, Pillow - I was glad to have you in my life. :cry:

19 Likes

I definitely remember the screen name. I donā€™t recall her posts though as my memory is terrible. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend :people_hugging:

3 Likes

This is when Iā€™d look back on old posts to remind myself who that was, but stupid DW Simpson killed them all.

2 Likes

I remember Pillow. Iā€™m sorry to hear she died, and condolences on your loss.

Thereā€™s enough overlap between posters on the old AO and here that if you want to start a new thread to talk about her, I think that would be completely appropriate. Or maybe you have said everything you want to say.

3 Likes

yeah, an actual ao poster who died deserves their own thread.

3 Likes

I came out here specifically to make sure you all knew about Pillow. She was so nice. Linus got to meet her once and is super broken up about it.

:cry:

7 Likes

Pillow was somebody who I considered to be a good friend even though we only met face-to-face just once and we have drifted apart as the years have moved onā€¦ She was a wonderful person who brought much happiness to those around her. As sad as I am though, my heart absolutely breaks for her husband and two sons. RIP, my sweet and kind friend.

7 Likes

sorry for your loss.

Is it inappropriate to ask her name IRL?

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know Pillow IRL but I do remember her from the AO Fantasy Baseball League where she participated for a season or two. She seemed nice from my limited interactions with her. RIP

1 Like

Ditto to everything ao_fan said. RIP Pillow.

I remember her fondly, though (AFAIK) I never met her in person. RIP.

I think itā€™s fine to ask. I can understand why those who know her might not be comfortable sharing, however.

Iā€™m curious who she was, but Iā€™m like close to 100% positive that I never met her.

Iā€™ve never met most of the people Iā€™ve met ā€œon lineā€. Iā€™m fairly close to some of them despite that. I wasnā€™t close to Pillow, though, although I remember her fondly.

AFAIK, I never met Pillow IRL. I do remember her from the AO. Sheā€™s missed. RIP.

How did she die?

RIP

All I know is she collapsed at home on Sunday morning, and was taken to the hospital where she passed away.

2 Likes

I never really sought out posters IRL, so if I knew her it was not through here.

But I have done this a very long time and have made a lot of contacts, so, I am more curious if I knew her that way

RIP