Redactle

50 78.00% cheated

The only 5-letter island country in the south Pacific that I could think of was Nauru (because I’d just watched a video about it)

would never have thought of that

Somoa and i would be done

Bit of trivia about Tonga -

Pita Taufatofua became famous for carrying his country (Tonga)'s flag for both summer and winter olympics, while not wearing a shirt.

The most famous rugby player of the professional era, Jonah Lomu, famously had Tongan parents.

I didn’t think of that one but should, I heard a podcast on it a while back. And it’s at least roughly in the right part of the world.

93 - 61.29%

I would call it “soft cheating” I had a lot of hits for poetry and TS Eliot. So I browsed his wiki article for a few ideas, and one of them hit.

97, 63%

I also got to TS Eliot, and I knew it was a genre of literature. I also had the Sound and the Fury, and I started cheating there. I would not have gotten this one.

145 - 51%

cheated - I had e e cummings

1 Like

I solved today’s Redactle (#286) in 77 guesses with an accuracy of 64.94%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 1121 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 70.00 Guesses; 59.52% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 90.55 Guesses; 59.90% Accuracy

“To the” in italics got me started, filled in Lighthouse, Virginia Woolf, and went from there

270, 54.81%

Forgot to try out ism after trying out ist

1, 100%. I saw ‘on or near the _______ (on _____)’ and figured that was equator and earth. I wasn’t sure that was the answer but figured it would at least be very helpful to know if that’s what it was.

2 Likes

I solved today’s Redactle (#287) in 6 guesses with an accuracy of 83.33%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 496 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 31.00 Guesses; 54.70% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 41.12 Guesses; 57.95% Accuracy
1 Like

35 - 74%

37, 70.27%

27, 48%

16 62.50%

Well, that was a surprise. It was my first step in a direction.

Oh, and it was based on exactly the phrase Mathman mentioned.

I solved today’s Redactle (#288) in 42 guesses with an accuracy of 85.71%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 315 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 22.00 Guesses; 80.77% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 29.18 Guesses; 79.51% Accuracy

97 - 84%

was stuck on the first word. Past seemed to be in an odd spot and it finally hit me

103, 63.11%

Got history early but brought in America much later than usual

138, 68%

I got ‘passed down from generation to generation’ and some stuff about domestication of animals and kept going down rabbit holes. North/south are usually common guesses, today I did East/west and didn’t do north/south for a long time.