Redactle

109, 77%

Yeah, I was definitely going for some other kind of British govt organization. War, finance, social something or other.

43 - 88%

18, 100%

I often have United as one of my first words. If the gap remains after United when I’ve guessed States, then it’s almost always Kingdom. It was very useful today.

91 69.23%

I was feeling stumped but I said it out loud. “Some sort of organization, 3 letters, starts with British.” Then it just came to me

9 55.56%

Got United Kingdom by 4, then radio (after trying parliment and charity) for reasons I can no longer remember. Should have been 8, as I misspelled BBC.

1 Like

Did you type in BCC too?

No, I hit the enter before I’d gotten the C in there, so one of my guess was just BB.

135, 61%

Cheated. I knew what ballpark it was in but I’ve never heard of this and doubt I’d have solved it.

126 - 53%

cheated

I solved today’s Redactle (#284) in 342 guesses with an accuracy of 41.23%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 1683 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 116.00 Guesses; 45.96% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 152.80 Guesses; 47.06% Accuracy

I was determined not to cheat because I was under the impression that I knew more about this than I did. Yeah, I did optics… but not this optics as a physics major. very annoyed

343 - 52%

Started googling after 300.

They do pick some really obscure ones. Not sure why they don’t just stick with the top 10,000 or so read articles (I don’t think this would make it), or at least pick something that most people with a reasonable education would have come across.

If a physics major barely knew this what hope do the rest of us have?

151 61.59% cheated

I got optics at 125, and filled in quite a bit of the first paragraph, but didn’t get any of the words that would have given me the answer.

it’s not something that comes up in the standard undergrad curriculum. Nonlinear media is just not something I played around with – I did regular optics as a class, and we never played w/ the nonlinear stuff as standard optics was plenty for one semester.

i can see that

16, 94%

Cheated. I knew it was an island near Fiji, but I was blanking on the names.

56 - 87.5%

Big assist from my GF. I was just about ready to break out the map.

I solved today’s Redactle (#285) in 40 guesses with an accuracy of 65.00%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 2712 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 53.00 Guesses; 68.18% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 73.76 Guesses; 67.49% Accuracy

I didn’t realize that it was multiple islands. I actually thought it was one.

36, 72.22%

Got kingdom on my third guess. Probably should have solved it sooner

28 - 86%