Redactle

93, 46.24%

10, 50%

‘Force’ is a common guess for me, and my fourth guess today. I figured the subscripts were science or math related and that was a super lucky guess. Then ‘moment’ at guess nine.

73 - 53%

took too long

77 67.53%

I cheated because I was pissed off. I kept seeing it say over and over that it’s called a moment in engineering. Well, I’m an engineer and I got moment at 34 and that should be the answer. How would I know what physicists call it (and why would I care)? Yeah, I should have gotten it, of course.

I solved today’s Redactle (#234) in 64 guesses with an accuracy of 57.81%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 53 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 51.00 Guesses; 53.37% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 72.98 Guesses; 52.26% Accuracy

I hate this sort of entry, because bits are missing in redactle, due to a lot of it having been extracted as pictures for the formulas.

55, 53%

Bit of a slow start, ‘water’ got me to ocean, and after going through a few things I got a few hits with rock. Than sedimentary, and limestone, to calcium.

53, 45.28%

124 - 50%

45, 71%

Almost cheated. I had religion, Asia, got to philosophy at 28. Then lots of hits but it wasn’t coming to me. ‘Eastern’ was something I thought might appear but didn’t think it would be the answer.

94 - 60%

and had capital He as my first word. But so many common religious words weren’t hitting

I solved today’s Redactle (#235) in 46 guesses with an accuracy of 58.70%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 1255 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 69.00 Guesses; 61.05% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 92.12 Guesses; 61.40% Accuracy

63 57.14%

I got Eastern and Asian fast and was getting worried when I couldn’t come up with the other word. The religions in the 2nd paragraph finally made me think of it.

13, 100%

A lot of luck today. I got that it was an Englishman. I played ‘time’ and ‘history,’ pretty standard words and I thought ‘time of his death’ appeared and it did. But that gave me a book titled ‘A _____ History of Time,’ which was all I needed.

79 - 69%

wasted 10 guesses on century, until I realized I skipped 20th

1 Like

113 75.22%

I got author and assumed it was literature. That threw me off for a long time, although it shouldn’t have, as author wasn’t at the front of the list (although I thought it might be something along the lines of educator, philanthropist, or whatever). I finally picked a random year to try to pin it down and happened to choose 1942, his birth year, which helped a lot.

I solved today’s Redactle (#236) in 68 guesses with an accuracy of 66.18%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 4066 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 41.00 Guesses; 75.39% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 62.88 Guesses; 75.23% Accuracy

82, 65.65%

I play on my phone, so I often miss obvious things. I was scrolling and saw “A _____ History of Time” and since Legally Blonde is one of my favorite movies, I knew who wrote it (kidding…kind of).

1 Like

3, 100.00%

Usually I am well into the hundreds and don’t post my score. But today… :party:

3 Likes

38, 79%

I had ‘newspaper’ at 11, and then ‘New York’ by 15. I tried lots of words like ‘tribune’ and ‘times’ but I somehow failed to consider the WSJ. Got a lot of hits related to politics and the editorial board and that’s when it hit me, duh.

12, 100%

1 Like