Redactle

106 - 50%

I solved today’s Redactle (#237) in 84 guesses with an accuracy of 48.81%.

Went down a really wrong path.

Global Stats

• Globally, 3318 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 59.00 Guesses; 64.15% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 79.94 Guesses; 65.07% Accuracy

79 - 80%

embarrassed, considering how quickly on topic

49 51.02%

I got there through World Trade Center and first thought the topic would be more closely related to its collapse. But that led me to Wall St. It still took a while before I got the Journal part. Tbh, this is yet another one where I couldn’t tell you how I made that last step, as I tried journal without thinking specifically “wall street journal”. Something subconscious?

45, 53%

Nothing remarkable, when ‘science’ got zero hits I tried art, literature, and so on. ‘World’ had zero hits, but when I got five hits with ‘theory’ my next guess was ‘universe’ and then my next guess was ‘age.’

I solved today’s Redactle (#238) in 60 guesses with an accuracy of 51.67%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 264 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 35.00 Guesses; 48.61% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 42.72 Guesses; 53.02% Accuracy

13 53.85%

All filler or typos until guess 10. Then, all based on the first sentence, Big, Bang, Age, Universe.

I was thinking about this more after I glanced at the article. If I hadn’t gotten it in those initial guesses, I think I might never have gotten it. I’d be very hard-pressed to fill in any of the rest, let alone connect it to the title.

42 - 57%

73, 73%

Figured out it was a place, but I got ‘site’ and ‘heritage’ so I was thinking more like a temple maybe. United States and America had few hits but I wasn’t getting anything with any other part of the world so I couldn’t tell where the hell this thing was. I finally got enough hits with ‘forest’ and ‘glacier’ to try ‘park,’ and it was a pretty short walk from there.

63 - 66 2/3%

Once I got to US National Parks and started guessing states alphabetically, so I was glad it was California. I ended up looking up a list of Parks in California. Yosemite had crossed my mind but I didn’t think it was in California.

I solved today’s Redactle (#239) in 53 guesses with an accuracy of 73.58%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 490 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 54.00 Guesses; 66.67% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 77.09 Guesses; 66.85% Accuracy

125, 61.6%

Got President Lincoln, indigenous, and New York City before I got onto the right track, so I was definitely chasing the wrong topics.

I got pretty lucky there, once I knew it was a national park I figured the best place to start for me was in the west. Colorado, Utah, California were my guesses. Other than Acadia, if it’s east of the Mississippi I’m screwed.

63 - 83%

83, 66%

Got hung up on the books for a long time. Once I got ‘film’ and realized it was books AND movies, ‘Bond’ was my first guess. Which is weird because I’m not a big fan.

9 66.67%

I would have gotten it even sooner but 1) I read some of yesterday’s posts and realized they referred to a redactle I hadn’t done, so tried a couple guesses to verify that it wasn’t still that redactle 2) once I started getting hits, I didn’t go back to the top right away to see what they were looking for (the author, a particular book or movie, etc, etc). I got there by what seems the obvious way of hitting it fast - through “no”. Without those wasted guesses, I would have had it in 4.

50, 70%

I solved today’s Redactle (#240) in 37 guesses with an accuracy of 81.08%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 3307 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 33.00 Guesses; 72.41% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 52.87 Guesses; 72.60% Accuracy

It was the Man from U.N.C.L.E. bit at the bottom that got me on the right path

36 - 84%