Redactle

3 - 66.67%

Will likely never see that kind of success ever again!

3 Likes

I just wish that there were a way to describe your success.

2 Likes

6 83.33%

I focused on the “,______ the, ___, ____, ____.,” in the second paragraph, and the the, in particular. I thought it was possible the the with the comma after it indicated a missing image or something like that, but thought probably not and I should definitely check it out. So I thought it might be an article on articles, but that surprised me with no hits at all. I filled in the fairly obvious “etc”, then wasted a guess on “such”. Then I figured an article would be before a noun and that got a lot of hits and showed I was close. Then I noticed it had to start with a vowel. I foolishly chose adverb before adjective.

99, 52%

I really had nothing today. Just small hits here and there. There are some bits about orchestras that went out of business and I got the ‘business’ part which was totally not helpful. I got ‘play’ at 46 and was thinking acting/movies, didn’t try music. Finally saw _S ____ and started going through the alphabet. JS ____ got me Bach, music, orchestra. Rough day.

1 Like

27, 51.85%

Music is one of my common early words, fortunately, along with science, language, word, etc.

Sadly, it’s not often at the top of my mind. I normally might use it earlier, were it not for some hits I got today on business stuff.

1 Like

27 - 59.26%

I solved today’s Redactle (#225) in 116 guesses with an accuracy of 50.86%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 5222 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 79.00 Guesses; 57.69% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 105.36 Guesses; 58.75% Accuracy

92 65.22%

I got television broadcasting and radio broadcasting very early and that sent me down some wrong paths. Only my last five guesses were really relevant.

I thought about going after initials, but really didn’t feel like going through 26 tries. If I fill in initials, it’s almost always only i.e. and e.g. How was it that you had the s? Or did they give the s and I just missed it?

I had S from U.S.

1 Like

Same

184, 68%

I’m way too distracted to be playing today. I seriously had like half of the article filled out and couldn’t come up with the damn word.

106, 71.7%.

Well, I feel like a dumbass

I solved today’s Redactle (#226) in 256 guesses with an accuracy of 58.59%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 3476 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 72.00 Guesses; 66.67% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 102.25 Guesses; 67.12% Accuracy
1 Like

I just hit 257, by coincidence just surpassing you, and I’m not done yet. I’ve had the whole first paragraph done except for the key words for a loooong time already and much of the article is filled in now, even though I’m pretty sure none of it past the first paragraph will help at all.

2 Likes

I’ll just say I went with “cosmos” pretty early on given what I had uncovered, given it was 6 letters long, it’s about the world, yadda yadda.

“What the hell is a synonym for cosmos?” I thought…

Given there is a very prominent science journal with this name…the moment I thought of the word, I realized this was the answer. I had Stu helping me. We were both thinking too complicated. And then I said – “Hey Stu – Watch” … and yup, it was the word.

271 73.80%

finally got it.

Yeah, I had my hopes up for cosmos, too.