Redactle

My husband texted me, “I’m at 124 guesses and I’m so close just can’t think of what it is.”

I really wish he had said “just can’t put my finger on it” lol…

2 Likes

38, 79%

I saw AT__ early, guessed the T to be sure it was AT&T. Got technology, fooled around for a bit with various computer hardware and hit on display, and a few hits for mouse, one of which was part of ‘rather than using a mouse,’ and that got me really close. Took a few guesses to get the final answer.

1 Like

Maybe he just couldn’t quite put his finger on that expression.

1 Like

This is the worst possible puzzle.

I guess I didn’t need to spoil that.

65 50.77%

I also saw the AT__ and tried “&T”, which didn’t work. But I just went ahead with phone after that, anyway. I had little to focus on until I got “on the top” in the first paragraph, which only confused me, as I was thinking of the phone vertically, not horizontally. After trying speaker and headphone and headphones and sim and usb and 3.5mm and stuff like that, I finally got the orientation straightened out.

109 - 82%

I looked up the year, though would have gotten there eventually

89, 87%

I sort of accidentally cheated. I had China and square and knew what it was and googled how to spell Tiananmen, and the first hit was the answer. I had ‘protest’ but didn’t yet try the plural. I think I’d have gotten it but it may have taken me another 30 guess or whatever.

111 69.37%

I also looked up the year - it first took me a while to think that that’s what they were looking for. And I looked up the spelling, but got the spelling from autofill.

88,72.73%

I had to cheat for the year also, but I knew the name of the event.

I solved today’s Redactle (#222) in 190 guesses with an accuracy of 57.37%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 1983 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 104.00 Guesses; 73.53% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 130.60 Guesses; 72.75% Accuracy

47 - 56%

got close, but cheated , this was the one I was least likely to get

32, 63%

I saw inside and outside and guessed it was maybe related to people/animals, and ‘body’ was guess 7 that had some hits. ‘Nervous’ and ‘organs’ had a few hits but they were in the first paragraph so I figured that was roughly right, and then ‘skin’ was a really lucky guess at 24. Then just a matter of circling the drain on that one.

I solved today’s Redactle (#223) in 86 guesses with an accuracy of 40.70%.

I played “epithelial” without cheating, but did search after that to not waste any more guesses. I knew it was going to be a specific spelling

Global Stats

• Globally, 1229 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 90.00 Guesses; 37.86% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 109.35 Guesses; 40.72% Accuracy

151 49.01% cheated

Not my area. I got to cell at 69, but didn’t know enough to get much farther.

The puzzle is either not curated, or the curator is a dick.

21, 81%

They gave us “out with the ___, in with the ___”, which was really helpful. I was focused more on ‘things related to phrasing’ rather than a simple part of speech, but ‘English,’ ‘linguistics,’ ‘word,’ and ‘example’ were all useful. ‘Noun’ got a bunch of hits and let me see the answer.

I solved today’s Redactle (#224) in 40 guesses with an accuracy of 67.50%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 2396 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 35.00 Guesses; 60.87% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 50.52 Guesses; 61.93% Accuracy

I needed to think more simply.

152 40.13%

That took me waaaay too long.

60 - 59%