Redactle

at least for a word i know

Fair, fair. We’ve had a few of THOSE as well.

I solved today’s Redactle (#119) in 157 guesses with an accuracy of 22.93%.

I got North Carolina. And I kinda started guessing at 5-letter words. Got Elvis. Then Costello. That finally got it for me.

Global Stats

• Globally, 2696 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 100.50 Guesses; 25.00% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 143.20 Guesses; 30.05% Accuracy

You made me go back and reread the article to see if I could have gotten it any other way. Even with all the stuff there, I couldn’t have.

i was all over the media stuff, not realizing i was looking for a single title. when i found the legal and then political i got it.

updated stats:

Global Stats

• Globally, 4943 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 112.00 Guesses; 24.53% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 157.65 Guesses; 29.64% Accuracy

8 - 87.5%

With a title of [ ] [ ]. [ ], I figured it was either a court case or a person. v got no hits so I guessed President, I guessed s, then I guessed f. Easy peasy

I solved today’s Redactle (#120) in 33 guesses with an accuracy of 90.91%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 1029 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 16.00 Guesses; 94.87% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 29.09 Guesses; 90.53% Accuracy

4 - 100%

wasted a guess on “He”

1 Like

27, 93%

4 100.00%

Lol. I benefitted from seeing everyone else’s low guess counts. Without making any guesses, it was obviously a person and I could see NAACP, so that narrowed it a lot. And in the first paragraph, there was something that looked like it was likely “of the United States”. So I chose “president”, and then it was already down to only one possibility. I could have gotten it that fast without knowing the low counts, but I don’t think I would have had the confidence to just jump in with president right away.

The period after the 2nd word really gave it away, tbh.

it is why I blurred my count

35, 80%

I thought ‘U.S.’ was in there and got ‘s’ and noticed one appearance of “S” and figured that meant one word started with an S, or maybe a logo? Found mentions of wars and got super lucky guessing ‘army’ at 34, plus the S, done.

155 78.71%

I guess I always thought of SA as an organization (that is, charity) and not as a church, even though I knew there was definitely a religious part to the SA. That threw me way off for pretty much the whole time. I filled in a whole lot of the stuff about beliefs to try to find something that would distinguish the church from others, Ultimately, I found it in a way similar to Mathman did - I saw “First World ___” and filled in War and that made me think of army and I was done.

I solved today’s Redactle (#121) in 138 guesses with an accuracy of 58.70%.

Went down a super-wrong path. Thought it was about some building in London, and spent a lot of time on that.

Global Stats

• Globally, 490 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 71.00 Guesses; 72.89% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 90.19 Guesses; 72.60% Accuracy

It’s amazing that, even having played this a lot, how easy it is to stay super committed to a rabbit hole while getting no hits along the way.

1 Like

106 - 67%

I didn’t know they were headquartered in London, otherwise I might have gotten it sooner. I was on the right track when I realized music was a red herring.

259 - 62%

really no clue, until I did He and saw it capitalized

That worked out this time, but just about anything that was around during the WWI or WWII period will be affected by the war and have a blurb in their Wiki article