Redactle

40 77.50%

Honest to God, I didn’t cheat. I filled in the “also known as … in North America” and felt discouraged that whatever the topic is, it’s not called that here and this was gonna be difficult. So I tried to think of things that weren’t called the same here and were 4 letters and tram was literally the first thing that popped into my head.

So about half were standard words. About a quarter were countries/continents and directions. And the rest minus one were trying to make sense out of the ratios, which turned out to for models.

I was gonna try pram next

45, 73%

For once I didn’t jump right in based on the first two paragraphs. I saw they gave us ‘<5T,’ and figured it was transportation related. Took me a minute to figure out it was public transportation, and then a few more guesses until I finally figured out the four letter word that made sense.

83 - 77%

I used that by mistake at guess 65 and then later realized I applied the wrong word

55 - 67%

I got vehicle early on, and there were a lot of hits for car/cars but it clearly wasn’t anything about a passenger vehicle. I got there from hits from public transportation.

I solved today’s Redactle (#117) in 243 guesses with an accuracy of 72.43%.

Global Stats
Globally, 3667 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
Global Median: 58.00 Guesses; 72.22% Accuracy
Global Average: 81.88 Guesses; 72.24% Accuracy

you can tell I ride a lot of these. Yes, I even got Disney. I got all of these things. I refused to google it. I was like WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE THINGS CALLED

I’ve guessed 330 words for the July 26 puzzle, and only 26 of my guesses are correct. I’m usually better than this.

49 - 37%

54, 33%

I mean, they give you ‘AND, OR, ‘ so I figured it had to be related to computers or programming or something. Started with programming, then software, then ‘internet’ got me thinking with two hits. Tried ‘search’ a couple of guesses later, then done.

missed that - WORLD is a standard guess for me and got it started

53 33.96%

I haven’t read the comments yet, but I"m guessing they say “I didn’t notice the operators”. Same here. I saw “to help find” in the first paragraph and was thinking radar, sonar, etc. Once I noticed the operators, it was pretty easy.

You beat me by one stinking guess!

I solved today’s Redactle (#118) in 39 guesses with an accuracy of 43.59%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 3760 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 78.00 Guesses; 29.41% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 102.12 Guesses; 34.20% Accuracy

186 - 26%

180, 15%

Tough one.

206 24.76%

I almost gave up. I finally got it through the law line. Not that it mattered for the answer, but I pissed away a bunch of time trying to figure what that NC thing was (not county, city, town, river, lake, stream, creek, mountain, …).

‘Law’ was my fifth guess, I forget what I saw but I thought it might be legal. I then proceeded to burn 50 guesses on legal crap with like three hits. Then I got ‘United States’ and thought it was like tram, something called one thing elsewhere, but known as something else in the US, or thereabouts. Then I just blasted out words, some legal, some like ‘man,’ ‘tree,’ ‘animal,’ etc. I finally got ‘holds’ and realized the legal thing was a person holding something for the benefit of someone else. Took me a minute to think of the word for that.

I gave up on this one. It just sends you in all sorts of different directions. What’s something that has to do with something in NC, law, movies, songs, arts and entertainment, etc? It’s all red herrings.

1 Like

I think this was the worst one so far.