Random Thoughts

That’s basically my range, except 9 might be a bit much. I went with 7

I enjoy working this time of year. It’s quiet.

Unfortunately I’m in a use it or lose it situation with 3.5 days of pto and have to take most of next week off. I will plan better next year.

The juxtaposition of the thread topic and Snake’s tag(?) made me think of Adam Sandler’s Hanukkuh Song.

O.J. Simpson, not a Jew

On 12/31 I will watch about 20 or more days of PTO vaporize because it is “use it or lose it” and I cannot use it either.

Big variance in the bacon poll. I think 4 is my jam, that sweet spot right between chewy and crisp. But if I have to deviate, I’d much rather take 6 than 2.

I think thickness matters (TWSS). We buy thick-sliced bacon and going crunchy is too much tooth. But for thin-sliced bacon, crispy is much more enjoyable.

1 Like

Naw, if the bacon doesn’t shatter when you look at it cross-eyed, it’s undercooked. 9 is just barely cooked enough for me.

1 Like

I think you and I are in Mathman’s Do Not Trust Evah file. :frowning:

I will actually remove the white, chewy part of bacon because that texture gives me the creeps!!!

1 Like

You just need to cook it longer… until it, too, is crunchy.

If I’m at a breakfast joint, I specify crisp. :bacon: :yum:

Yeah, merely “crispy” is insufficient. What people describe as “crispy” often does not shatter. It needs to shatter.

I specifically say the part about it needing to shatter just from being looked at cross-eyed and I still have to send it back for more cooking probably 50% of the time.

There have also been times when I’ve taken it to 9+ at home: the results were not good. :frowning:

Shattering bacon doesn’t appeal to me at all. Why ruin something like that?

2 Likes

Just don’t turn it up to 11…not good.

3 Likes

That’s what the dog is for.

2 Likes

Available for other human fud too :dog:

2 Likes

what is wrong with you people

1 Like

next thing I’ll hear you don’t use the cracklins for biscuits

Do you subscribe to ‘crematorium cooking’ or something? Have you ever tried putting salt on a lump of Kingsford charcoal to see if you could just eat that and save time cooking?

4 Likes

My husband hates all bacon. That’s weirder to me than liking Sharon’s pie as bacon.

1 Like

Naw, sufficiently cooked bacon is delicious. It’s just hard to get other people to cook it enough.