Random Thoughts

ours requires listening to the full audio on each page before a “continue” button pops up. There is no “read fast by skimming” option

Same here. There’s an option to open the transcript, but you have to wait for the audio to complete (plus a couple seconds :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:) before you can go to the next screen.

I stick in the headphones and “forget” to actually listen.

With multiple laptops/monitors, one can actually be productive…

… generally I do this for the “Hey! Don’t do illegal stuff!” training, not more technical stuff.

2 Likes

Most of our workplace trainings have a test out option. The ethics one never does. Also had to take some California claims one, which I couldn’t test out of OR go at my own pace. I’m a much faster reader than average, I’m always done well before I’m permitted to continue, and as a result I’ll tend to flip to another tab in my browser while I’m waiting, forget about the training for a bit, and it takes me an hour when it could have taken me 10 minutes.

1 Like

I have a feeling that in these kinds of scenarios . . . the company is required to give x hours of training and has to show verification of that time actually being spent by the employee. Showing that you were “present” for the duration of the video counts for verification purposes.

2 Likes

The police helicopter is out tonight. It only tends to come out Saturday nights and only every few weeks!

I’m usually a one-and-done-sneezer. I just finished a series of five sneezes. Cleaning out my nose with tissue seemed to trigger another sneeze. It was a vicious cycle. I decided to let the snot reside in there instead of prolonging my agony.

Also, the tissue came out a little bloody.

“Likes” and “Followers” may have replaced the value of a medal

The spice Likes must flow!!

I went to a coffee shop in AZ. Their most famous drink is named after an American vocal group from Detroit, Michigan, who released a series of successful singles and albums with Motown Records during the 1960s and 1970s. I liked it, but it was too hot for me, so I asked them to temper the temperature of the Tempe Temptations.

Go study. :roll_eyes:

But the guy behind the counter said, “I don’t know how to do that. I don’t work here full time. They brought me in on an emergency basis. I’m just a temp.”

Go actuarialize. :unamused:

2 Likes

uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

2 Likes

Wow, never thought I could find a pun that’s worse than any of mine. Guess this qualifies as a Kodak moment

1 Like
  1. Not being able to hear the ball bouncing really throws off tennis players
  2. As with golf, it’s been a sport for the snooty upper class. Noisy sports like football and basketball are for the peasants.

(I don’t recall if we have a “interesting, but not worthy of its own thread” thread, so putting this here)

1 Like

Some guy at my Tennis club back in Waterloo complained that my car was running too long in the parking lot and the fumes were getting to him on the outside court.

I think that’s what he said… I was so dumbfounded by the incident that I responded only with an incredulous look, and have since pushed it out of my memory for the sake of my own faith in humanity.

2 Likes

Tennis can be really exhausting

2 Likes