Random Thoughts

I normally saved this one for JFG, but I think it’s appropriate here:

:popcorn:

New forum + work I don’t want to do = procrastination city

I’m not going to vote in a presidential election for the first time ever.

I’m the exact opposite.

Voted for the first time ever :crazy_face:

I’ve voted in every election except 2 that I’ve been eligible to vote in since I turned 18. Yes, I voted in this one.

(I missed one local election because I was going to be out of town, and there were no contested races, and it didn’t seem worth requesting an absentee ballot. I also missed the most recent local election because I was sick and afraid I had covid and didn’t want to risk infecting people. And it wasn’t a very exciting local election.)

I voted in my local election this year as well. The profiles in the voting pamphlet was probably the funniest thing I’ve read in a decade.

They literally let anyone post in there. One was not grammatical at all, one didn’t even use his real name, and one sounded like a cult leader.

Then we’ll have to cast you out of town

Wife and I missed our last chance at early voting, thinking the lines for the actual election will be shorter since more polling places will be open.

Lines have never been an issue in suburban Des Moines. I don’t think I have ever waited more than 5-10 minutes to vote, and many times no waiting at all.

I filled out my ballot and it has been sitting on my desk for the past two weeks. I keep forgetting to take it to the post office…

When I refreshed the stock quotes on Yahoo Finance at 8:47am today, the S&P, Dow, and Nasdaq were all up +0.99%.

At 8:52am I logged on to E*Trade and they were all up +1.25%

It’s November and I pulled two dandelions from my yard and had a ladybug land on me.

The weather forecast for my area is sunny and warm for the next few days. Very odd for this time of year, but I’ll take it!!!

Just when I forget that the dog can counter surf, she reminds me.

And we’re about to have 40 degrees and possibly rainy, which is just wrong for this time of year. Most of my FB memories for early November are convertible spotting pics, because it’s the right time for it.

You must be in a different temperate zone than me. November is the start of winter around here. We’re also having weird weather - it’s 60-70F here this week. Glad I didn’t put the boat into storage yet, we’re going fishing tomorrow.

1 Like

I’m a super non-fan of the cold. I like the years where we only flirt with freezing temperatures and never actually get there (and even that is too cold for me, but I can’t afford to live in Hawaii :rofl: or San Diego for that matter :sob:)

1 Like

I am actuarializing on my deck right now. May as well get as much sunshine as I can before the darkness descends.