Random Thoughts

Yeah, really hasn’t been an issue since the pandemic.

Some of my local businesses are happy when I unload my small change on them: they seem to run out of small coins quickly.

I’m starting to lose count of all the pot shops opening up in my city.

wonder when that’s gonna start up in my city since we just legalized it. i expect it to explode.

I think they are still working out the logistics though.

We just got an ad in the snail mail, from Fed Ex.
It says “Now Hiring Package Handlers”. That made me giggle.

2 Likes

I regret to inform you that I have no ragrets.

I went to Ace Hardware to pick up some parts for my lawn mower. They had square tuits and triangle tuits, but nothing else. Alas, I couldn’t fix my mower because I didn’t get a round tuit.

Ugh. It’s legal in my state and could be in my city, but they decided it would muscle in on the alcohol so they’re still working out regulations after a few years. Nothing rec in my town yet. I could have a legitimate medical card but I’d have to pay a quack doctor $150 for it and it just feels wrong. I’ve just bought illegally from people with quack cards for whatever they noted at the quack doctor. Or I’ll drive an hour+ to buy legally.

Best day of week for a colonoscopy? I suspect the 'scope is no big deal. The prep…will be no fun.

2 Likes

Boss makes a dollar.

I make a dime.

That’s why I poop, on company time.

2 Likes

I’m not going to read the room because this is the random thoughts thread and you appear to be currently talking about poop. This is not poop related.

So yesterday, I was randomly checking my Spectrum mobile account and I was like “Sweet, my phone is finally paid off”, and then immediately put in an order for a new iPhone 12 Pro or whatever the fancy one was without thinking. I had asked husband if I should get the expensive one, or the purple one and he had replied with “well I guess it’s the purple one then” and kind of laughed it off. I thought he was totally serious, and he thought I was totally joking. It was like the perfect double fake.

Turns out I am so used to overpaying for cellphone plans in Canada (and getting a “free” phone at upgrade), that the idea of not upgrading my phone and spending another $1000+ as soon as the option became available to me had not even occurred to me. This whole incident played out in front of my husband, whose phone is over 4 years old and doesn’t charge through the plug in port anymore, and then I went straight to bed.

I got up about 5 minutes later and was like, “SHIT did you want a phone? Did I just spend a thousand dollars in front of you like it was nbd? Because honestly that was money already spent to me but then I thought about it and shit, no it really wasn’t, and really YOU needed a phone and bla bla bla…”

Aita?

Short answer: no
Long answer: I’m typing this out on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. The short answer will have to suffice.

Bahahaha

1 Like

I thought you said this post was not poop related . . .
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

The prep sucks big rocks!!! Make sure you are very close to a terlet at all times!!! :scream: :weary: :poop:

Tooshey.

1 Like

I’ll be honest. The pooping wasn’t the tough part. I found drinking the prep solution to be more unpleasant than the trips to the toilet. YMMV.

2 Likes

I found a straw to be helpful in drinking the stuff. I shoved the straw well into my mouth, so the liquid barely touched my tongue before swallowing it. Highly recommend.

The pooping was just a nuisance. I camped out in the bathroom with a book and a laptop, and it was fine.

I recommend doing it early in the morning. I “cleaned out” the evening before, and was done before I got especially hungry. But consider your caffeine schedule, and ask how many hours between drinking a clear fluid (pretty sure tea or coffee with no milk is a clear fluid) and having the procedure.

2 Likes

:iatp:

That prep solution is nasty!!! :nauseated_face: Plus I had to take some docusate to really open the floodgates!!!