Random Thoughts

The floot floot did a boom boom on the jim jam.

1 Like

this week I learned that raccoons ā€¦can be gingers! neighbor has one in the big tree in the yard. it is reddish. No typical black/gray. Just reddish all over.

Did it escape from a nearby zoo?

If ā€œOliver James Associatesā€ and ā€œDW Simpsonā€ merged they could rebrand as ā€œOJ Simpson.ā€

5 Likes

I found their logo:

3 Likes

I wonder what this lighthouse blend coffee is. If it will take me back to my time spent in Michigan along the Great Lakesā€¦

I half-expect the second response from Ms. Carpenter to start, ā€œOh, and another thingā€¦!!!ā€

I think she has more letters after her name than me!

I better go buy some more designations.

Yeah, one should sit and think on it before sending oneā€™s remarks to the Academy on this.

Iā€™ve sent two responses before, to a similar kind of process, but it was because something substantive (and a few months) were between the two responses. The org (GASB) was kind enough to combine my remarks into one file.

Marky mark owns a bunch of car dealerships in Columbus now. Just saw this ad on my phone, still feels unnatural.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t viewed a microfiche slide in quite a while.

Missed marketing slogan opportunity, imo.

1 Like

And I see that heā€™s got some endorsement deal with Hy-Vee grocery stores . . . and a restaurant chain called ā€œWahlburgersā€

1 Like

Do you get motion sickness going through the microfiche? I remember nausea causing me to need to take breaks. Worse than car sickness.

I havenā€™t looked at microfiche in over a decade.

I donā€™t recall that ever happening to me, but I can definitely understand how it could happen. Itā€™s quite possible that I had very mild symptoms, but, as I said, ā€œI havenā€™t viewed a microfiche slide in quite a while.ā€ I donā€™t really remember.

1 Like

Going to Europe in September. Iā€™ve got some leftover coins from previous trips.
England has 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, 100p, and 200p coins. Think euros might be the same.
That seems like overkill. I want to spend them but itā€™s a hassle trying to sort out which is which.
Even our system: 1c, 5c, 10c, 25c (50c and 100c get little use) is overkill.
Why not just do powers of 5: pennies, nickels, and quarters - dimes seem redundant. Of course getting rid of the pennies too would be great - round all transactions to the nearest quarter (nickel) like in Canada (or at least a grocery store I went to there)

Clarification, they round to the nearest nickel. And only if youā€™re paying cash - if youā€™re paying electronically they donā€™t round itā€™s still to the penny.

1 Like

Yeah I meant nickel. I keep my change in the car and give away the pennies they are a nuisance

Every once in awhile, I get rid of unwanted loose change by tossing it into the machine at the self-checkout, then pay the rest with my card.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never considered that. Brilliant!

Ever since WF got rid of their coin counting machines the spare change has been piling up. Of course, I havenā€™t even been to an atm in over a year, so I really donā€™t deal with much cash at all anymore.