Random Thoughts

But did you get your “Read Guidelines” flair?

I was surprised when I got a notice, but it was for posts of mine that were hidden because of someone flagging the posts I was replying to.

I kind of miss drunk flashchat.

2 Likes

Then that makes me an outcast - never had anything reported in any of the actuarial fora.

Typing the word “decreased” is fun…probably even more fun than “tesseradecades”, “aftercataracts”, and “sweaterdresses.”

do you want me to report this post?

And what are you doing with the other hand???

Holding on to my “lollipop”…as a matter of fact, my right hand probably has a “monopoly” on doing that.

Had the same thought - and if we both do it, it will get hidden, ready?

1 Like

No, I am proud of my outcast status. I even shake it like a Polaroid picture. Hey ya!

1 Like

Mother’s Day is both happy and sad.

7 Likes

:therethere:

Asking "what stinks’ isn’t a good question if the answer is ‘whats cooking for dinner’.

1 Like

Me walking in the door with my kids: “What stinks?”
Kids upon seeing that we have vistors: “Grandpa!!!”

1 Like

what makes a review on yelp go into the “not recommended” bucket? I’m looking at the reviews of my physical therapist office that i just finished, and more reviews of that place are in that bucket than are not. The reviews in that bucket look fine to me. confusing.

Edit - googled the reasoning. it doesn’t seem sound.

I have finally found a serious use for RAND() that doesn’t make my skin crawl. Yay me.

[note: I wasn’t looking for such a use. It’s just that I realized I needed to do something, and the best way to do it was use RAND()… and no, it wasn’t to make an example of something]

RAND() is great.
Rand() is the best random number generator

:popcorn:

This is what I did:

Cool. Are you able to explain, with words I can understand, what made the Excel Rand() fn appropriate for this? …or why it wasn’t inappropriate?

1 Like