Random Thoughts

It was $6k. They left a stump about waist high, the kids love it. I’m relieved to have it gone and still sore from having to write the check. This is why I don’t always request reimbursements from my HSA. That should help soften the blow.

1 Like

It’s 5:00 on a beautiful Friday after a productive but not stressful week, I don’t have to think about work this weekend, I have 20 minutes before I have to leave to pick up a pizza, so I’m going to close my eyes and simply soak it all in.

3 Likes

Ouch, well at least it’s done now

1 Like

I have a number of business mentors that I use to put some sense into my work. I just typed up a long question to send to one of them. I’m reading what I’m going to send, when I realized that I already know what their answer is going to be. Delete.

1 Like

My neighbor took some videos of the tree coming down; these videos combined are about 9 minutes long but the tree took about seven hours to come down.

(Ignore the algae on the side of our garage, we’re working on removing it, but there were giant bushes there for years until a few weeks ago, so it’s a longer process than we expected!)

2 Likes

A friend of mine makes a living as a clown. At an art auction last night he said that he’s an insurance actuary in real life. I responded that I’m a clown in real life.

2 Likes

Also at the event someone asked if we were ready to have fun tonight. I said that I was ready to Wang Chung.

3 Likes

Ahhhh . . . Dance hall days!!

1 Like

Many, many times when I go to a gas station, the attendant, usually a Middle Eastern, Eastern European or South Asian guy, is on a phone call chatting away with someone. Like all the time! Who are these people talking to all the time? They seem like teenage girls in the 80’s constantly on the phone.

My :dolphin: sense is tingling…

3 Likes

FINALLY!

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/infinity/

[the only reason I knew that they just added this entry is a friend is one of the authors of the entry]

I N the R but am not sure exactly what you’re talking about anyway.

Do any of us?

Note that The_Polymath is posting again and talking about his dolphin-ringed spouse.

I did catch that.

1 Like

Catch it like a cold? Or like COVID?

Summary

Too soon?
:face_with_head_bandage:

“Countenances”? WhoTF talks like that?

One of more of Oppy, Graham, Hájek, Easwaran, Mancosu, or Zalta, obviously.

I got my first reported post. I finally feel like I belong here.

2 Likes

like a report that resulted in your post being hidden?

i’m still not sure how that works. i finally reported a few posts that got hidden immediately upon reporting them, but others i reported stayed unhidden. like, is there a certain number of people who have to report it for it to be hidden? the ones that didn’t get hidden didn’t give me the badge, but the ones that did, got me the badge.

Yeah, if a specific number of people that are of a certain trust level report a post, then it gets hidden. And I think that number is low, like 2 or 3.

So basically if a couple of regular posters report a post, it disappears until the mods have a look.

1 Like