Random Thoughts

Made me think of the Australian term FIGJAM.

Fuck Iā€™m great, just ask me.

daughter interviewed me for a school thing last night (about boston marathon bombing) and my experiences relating to it. she replayed it and I sounded AWFUL.

(ran in 2012. was landing at airport 30 minutes after the bomb. all phones buzzed crazy as soon as we turned them on. hotel was near bombing site and no one was allowed in that day. meeting the next day was inside the zone and stayed at the in-zone hotel that night. it was weird, but I was not at all threatened. i am from that area originally so watched the ensuing week and recognized locations and it was a bit weird. but i had a lot of detachment too.)

1 Like

Make her transcribe it.

I do not like the sound of my recorded voice.
Live, filtered mainly through my jaw, eh, not too bad. Always in tune, always a supple bass.
Always deluded.

I donā€™t like my voice either. Very nasaly.

1 Like

I donā€™t know that anyone likes the sound of their recorded voice. It sounds alien compared to the way we hear ourselves through our skulls.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t see an anxious thoughts thread. Iā€™m in my home office trying to get some work done for a nonprofit (ie, not my day job) and they are out there discussing the logistics of a home rearrangement (basically moving furniture and such) and they disagree. I used to always get in the middle lest tempers flared, but it didnā€™t help and thatā€™s why Iā€™m on Prozac and seeing a therapist. (Iā€™m finding that I have more reasons to be in therapy than this, but thatā€™s a different post.)

Itā€™s all I can do to focus on this task with them out thereā€¦.

1 Like

I think the best we can do on here is Nervous Thoughts, which may or may not be Anxious as well.

The thread title could be edited to include anxious thoughts.

1 Like

I did not hear yelling and each seems to have retreated to their quarters soā€¦

1 Like

This is how I read your post. I think we need a parody song.

3 Likes

I tried ChatGPTā€™s hand at it. It wasnā€™t great. Too lazy to work it improving it.

This has been on my desk for a few years and I donā€™t know why I have it.

1 Like

Pilchard! was a huge BtB guy back in the day

Immature-pea-sized hail today

Far better than hail-sized immature pee.

:grimacing:

aka kidney stones.

Iā€™m too old for weddings. This is the second wedding I have been to where zero slow songs were played where the guests were welcome to participate.

2 Likes

What theā€¦ what?!?!

1 Like

I think our brains do work like this. Itā€™s really incredible if you think about the implications and what is capable if it could be controlled even fractionally better.

Apparently this is a trend now for younger couples. The focus is on fun, fun, fun. They get their slow dance, but then they want to have fun with their friends on the dance floor all night.

And itā€™s their wedding, so Iā€™m not bitter about it, but all the older people there, mostly family, were noticeably sitting at the tables all night and never got a natural moment to dance with their significant other. Weddings are one of the few events where a couple can slow dance together, and itā€™s just nice when the newlyweds acknowledge that and have a song or two for those of us who like it. They can still keep the party going, proms manage to pull it off!