Random Thoughts

Yeah I Love Cuke GIF - Yeah I Love Cuke Its Heaven In A Can - Discover & Share GIFs

1 Like

Motherā€™s Day is a mixed bag here. Too bad the shower margarita machine is a gag.

1 Like

Oh I hear you. I actually decided 20+ years ago to make it about the other mothers in my life. That way I wouldnā€™t be disappointed if he forgot. I even sent him to visit his mom on that day for several years. (So I wouldnā€™t be disappointed if he forgot to corral the kids and have them make cards or something.) I would sometimes go visit my mom and otherwise make sure she knew she was thought of.

This year it falls on the day before my birthday. I made plans with my mom to take her to dinner the following weekend bc Iā€™ll be in town for a graduation and didnā€™t want to make the drive 2 weekends in a row.

I talked to him about inviting some young friends from church for dinner. Keep it simple, grill some burgers. They donā€™t have kids and want them so I know these days can be hard. Hubby agreed to grill the burgers.

My daughter then invited some friends as well.

So this morning I was updating hubby on the situation for Sunday, how many we were expecting, etc. (Not many.) And he asked me, ā€œWhatā€™s Sunday?ā€

Iā€™m done.

4 Likes

Fortunately for some things the wife explicitly states her expectations.

I mean, ā€œcould we have so and so over on Motherā€™s Day?ā€
ā€œWhen is that?ā€
ā€œMay 14 , 2 weeks from now.ā€
ā€œThat sounds good.ā€

Then a few days later:
ā€œI think I would like to have burgers when so and so comes over.ā€
ā€œWhen is that again?ā€
ā€œMothers Day, a week from Sunday. Iā€™ll get the burgers from Costco. Would you mind grilling? So and so can give you his expert tips.ā€
ā€œSure Iā€™ll grill burgers.ā€
ā€œGreat, Iā€™ll take care of the rest.ā€

Not explicit enough?

(And Iā€™m sure I mentioned it other times in passing, but those conversations were without a bunch of other stuff.)

1 Like

Reminds me a little of this (I probably saw some version here)

3 Likes

1 Like

I mean, my therapist will say itā€™s my own fault for enabling him.

Anyway, my daughter said she would make a cake and told me where we can buy good sides. Iā€™m a manager. I know how to enlist my resources. Next time he will not be one of them.

1 Like

I got an email from the CEOā€¦

ā€˜###, I think you are the fellow - send me a copy of the blue book for the ABC Co.

It took every fiber of my being to not reply ā€œIā€™m a career-associate, not a fellow.ā€

2 Likes

The whole concept of body hair is so bizarre to me. Like we just are constantly oozing dead material out of our pores, like a playdoh toy, some of it we find gross and try to remove, some we spend tons of money on trying to add more, look nice, smell nice.

2 Likes

I was on a flight today that got struck by lightning.

2 Likes

happened to me twice

Sometimes we spend tons trying to remove more.

Trying to get a book from the school library. Librarian says itā€™s at another building. Iā€™m trying to think where on earth the library is in that other building. Iā€™ve studied there dozens of times, donā€™t recall ever seeing a library. Thinking it through, I canā€™t even picture where it would be. Then I realize I studied in the library. Thereā€™s book shelves amongst the desks.
Some days itā€™s a wonder I can walk upright.

2 Likes

If someone defaults on their exorcism bills, will they be repossessed?

2 Likes

They can plausibly claim that the devil made them do it.

2 Likes

As I understand it, thereā€™ll be 7 times more tenants that before.

1 Like

Wowā€¦I clicked on and interacted with one of the rowing machine ads in my FB feed because Iā€™m looking for an exercise I can do sitting down. Besides costing a lot of money the thing requires a subscription for full functionality. For that money, I might as well just go to the gym that is literally in my backyard yard (well, not literally in my backyardā€¦more just-beyond my backyardā€¦literally).

Anyway, now every stinking ad in the FB feed is for some different brand of rowing equipment.

I feel so used.

Rowing machines requiring subscriptions are for suckers.

2 Likes

I am proactively Unsubscribing from all junk e-mails I get at work. Happy thought to be doing it, annoyed thought that I am doing so many. Most are workish related from people who have no idea what my company is or what I do

Canā€™t do much about the ones where they are actually sent by a human