Random Thoughts

I mounted one jigsaw puzzle that we completed fifteen years ago. I just put it in a generic plastic frame with whatever backing cardboard that came with the frame. No big deal. I’d be surprised if only a frame (not including matte and special glass in front) would be “costly”.

If the puzzle is a non-standard size you could have Michael’s put a mat on it just to get it up to a standard size. Then buy the standard size frame. Michael’s will put it all together for you even. And the cost of the mat isn’t nearly as much as doing a whole custom frame job.

1 Like

I was thinking about gumball machines near store entrances and how happy I was when my mom would give me a quarter to get gum or a handful of candy out of them. I don’t really see them anymore nor do I usually have change so it’s an experience my kid doesn’t have. Those things were probably germ factories so in retrospect I’m surprised my mom let me get candy and gum from them.

Built up your immune system!

Buy a vintage/antique candy dispenser!

1 Like

Buying a 50-pack of melamine sponges two years ago was a pretty good idea.

1 Like

I have a big splotchy hematoma on my left shoulder, doesn’t hurt, husband says it was there right after I got out of surgery. My surgery was on the right side of my neck.

I also have two fingerprint bruises on my right shoulder. Those do hurt like a regular bruise.

I have no idea what happened to cause the left shoulder splotch, and it kind of bugs me.

are you sure that it’s a bruise and not some form of intentional coloration by the surgeon’s team to ensure that work was done in the correct spot(s)?

Also, the anesthesiologist might have administered some form of medication in that spot to help with the procedure/recovery. :man_shrugging:t4:

Well it’s nowhere near any work that was done, and I’ll spare everyone the picture, but it is definitely blood under the skin! Looks a lot like when I have given blood and they’ve blown the vein. I am more curious how it happened than anything else, like I said, it doesn’t hurt or anything.

I have a follow-up with my surgeon in a week and a half, I’ll probably ask what it is and how long it will last - doesn’t seem to be fading.

I saw a handwritten road sign advertising Treeing Feists. As opposed to Tree Fisting, which is how my brain processed it.

(I didn’t realize until just now that the treeing feist is a dog breed. So, :grimacing:. #seemslegit)

1 Like

My guess would then be where the anesthesiologist tried to set up the “pain blockers” for the surgery. As I understand it, they try to put that sort of stuff “close” to the site of the surgical action, but not “near” it.

I found out tea is kind of tolerable if I put a bunch of honey in it.

1 Like

23589f8f65241ba9083ac09d5481070a64267b42

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure if honey can overcome regular tea taste. Lemon tea with a lot of honey is drinkable tho.

one day Mark Strong should play James Cromwell’s son, or a younger version of him

I’m really bored. I slept in AND napped today already.

I don’t often nap. Today I had to get up earlier than I wanted to, so I was dragging a bit this afternoon. Took a short power nap and feel more like myself now.

1 Like

All of a sudden 75% of my packages (I order a lot of crafting stuff from Etsy and small fabric shops) are using Auctane for shipping via USPS. This is a very decent development, maybe within the last month or two. It also makes it hard to figure out where stuff is coming from!

I have a feeling you’re one of those people who believes 20 minutes to 45 minutes half asleep on the recliner while golf is playing in the background is the “perfect” nap.

Is that supposed to be “recent”?